AAAOOOOOO Werewolf of Malifaux

Fluffaluffacus

Where does Mr. Vogel fit into. He has some obvious synergy with marcus, but is always hard for me to put in there because at 8ss with the damage track on his flip side, id rather bring a cerb.

Does he actually go into Colette? On his front side, he is a minion so he gets 0 interact, which is great because he doesn't have an interact. He can then Laws of nature a Cassandra or coryphee, get the mask trigger and push them 6 and give them a melee attack. Then he can drop his marker for free, possibly toss it if you have a mannequin, and then walk and end within 3 of it to draw a card and remove it. Being pretty self sufficient. And then she can prompt him on his back side as a large mobile beater. He obviously cant get the reactivate trigger, but even then it seems very solid.

Any input on this?

Because he is a minion, Colette can also use Disappearing Act on Ferdinand Vogel before he shifts into The Beast to rapidly move him up the table. It might be fun to deliver a Killjoy bomb with him like that. The next turn you could drop Myranda (with Skinwalker) bomb by shifting back. 

I think you take Vogel for flexibility brings to a crew. Censure has some cool debuffs to drop on an enemy and The Laws of Nature is great if you can spare the masks and The Beast is a nice mobile Beater. If you are just changing into The Beast first turn and using him as a beater you'd probably be better off with a Cerberus.

I'm guessing a lot of people will try Vogel once or twice, get crap results, and shelf him. I think it's going to take some practice to figure out when to shift and how to best use him at any point in the game. It's not going to help him that Ours and Ply For Information are bad strategies for him.

I think he's probably going to be good with Lucius.

• Like 1

Personally, I think he's going to be a great addition to any crew that needs control, which more control over the enemy is always a good thing.  As Vogel, his Censure ability is great.  Restricting an opponents model from doing something at range 10 is HUGE! This stops a lot of non-leader summoning or drains their hand to have their heave hitter do what they are supposed to do.  Imagine putting this on Toshiro and he is allowed NO SUMMONING on that activation. Barbaros could not put up his Challenge aura.  LCB can only change back into the Dreamer if he dies.  Even one turn of not being able to use these abilities heavily dampens the crews effectiveness that these models are in and there are so many other models this will hamper. Hell, even put it on Yasinori and EACH of his 5 or 6 attack requires the opponent to discard a card. Plus, it targets the enemies WP which is a great way to trigger attack from the Pack Leader upgrade.  The amount of control that Vogel brings to crews is ridiculous and will severely hamper the enemy's crew.

The Beast Within is just a heavy hitter. I'm pretty sure the only time you'll see it on the field is if something needs to die fast or if Vogel is nearly dead, which after your enemy sees what he can do, they will definitely gun for him.  I wish he had Leap or something to make him a little more mobile.

To make the model(s) even better, Marcus, you can Alpha the models and get to use both of them in one turn. Sandeep can use Vogel's abilities with the Tutelage upgrade and Colette can prompt. Vogel's control can help any master but with the three that I mentioned, you can get the best our of him.  I do agree with @WWHSD that it is going to be tricking knowing when to "shift" but honestly, I see Vogel being the one you want more often than not.  I personally can't wait to get him on the board. 

• Like 1