slop hauler's appetizing and added suit.

Aegnor

Question

8 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, Aegnor said:

Appetizing : this model's Df is reduced to 4, ignore all bonuses to this model's Df.

Do it like Dis! : all friendly pig and gremlin models within 8" add the suit of the discarded card to all duel totals.

So the question is : is the added suit a bonus to df or not?

It is not. It is added to all duel totals, not to the defense stat of the model.

In addition a built in bonus to defense is more like Franciso's condition or Lady J'snew upgrade addin a suit to her defense. Abuilt in suit is just a normal part of your defense stat, not a bonus I think (countered by becoming a suitlesd four in this instance I guess).

31 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

It is not. It is added to all duel totals, not to the defense stat of the model.

What if you had something like 'this models adds 1 to all his stats' or 'this models adds 1 to all his duel totals'. Would you have df 4 or 5 with the first one? Would you add 1 to your df duels with the second?

A faq on what is exactly a bonus would be nice.

18 minutes ago, Aegnor said:

What if you had something like 'this models adds 1 to all his stats' or 'this models adds 1 to all his duel totals'. Would you have df 4 or 5 with the first one? Would you add 1 to your df duels with the second?

A faq on what is exactly a bonus would be nice.

To me it seems clear that the stat one can't boost defence but the duel one can boost a duel that uses df.

30 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

To me it seems clear that the stat one can't boost defence but the duel one can boost a duel that uses df.

I understand your logic.

I have some trouble with all the wording in this game that are not very consistent imho. This difference between stats modifier and stat duel total modifier is kinda weird. Like hannah's nether flux/counterspell that erase built in suits or bonus in the form of +suit to X stat (like misaki's risky ventures +crows to Ml) but no +suit to duel bonus like the riders' buff or somer's do it like dis (if i'm right).

• Like 1

I don't think it's unreasonable to differentiate between duel and stat bonuses although I fully agree with you that it should be a lot clearer what is what. There is Hannah and then the freikorps librarian with a deceptively similsr ability that is slighrly differently worded. A few key terms usef consistently would clear a lot of things up.

Differentiating between stat modifiers and die roll modifiers is fairly common in other games, so saying that a modifier to Df (whether the modifier includes other stats) is different than a modifier to Df duels (whether the modifier includes other duel types) seems both plausible and reasonable.

Anyone want to do the work to check the breakdown on Df stat modifiers vs. Df duel modifiers?

• Like 1