Monday Preview - Grave Golem

Nef

Just now, Turelio said:

Nice! Sounds like there's are a few similarities to Bad Juju, but Juju has caused me some grief in the past. Now McMourning will get a chance to use the same tricks against Juju!

(I can only assume. Either way, looks like it will be fun to paint.)

Oh yea, I'm super excited to see how it works, could be great with Nicodem and Circling Buzzards, or with Reva and Guises of death *-*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kai said:

Hey Wyrdos!  Time for another Monday Preview.  This week we continue taking a look at the Undying box, this time we are taking a look at the Grave Golem!

Wyrd_MondayPreview_2_19_2018.thumb.jpg.87a1f13ad5a8759a3f0f4fc92b677083.jpg

The Grave Golem is, essentially, a large chunk of graveyard that has been animated by the Resurrectionists to serve as a heavy enforcer. During battle, a Grave Golem can sink into the earth and reappear a few moments later halfway across the battlefield, provided that there is a corpse for the golem to form around. That something so large could move so quickly often comes as a surprise to the golem's enemies, many of whom end up either battered to death by its massive Tombstone Fists or buried in a landslide of corrupted earth and grasping skeletal arms.

Underestimating this guy would be a grave mistake.

(A late pun is better than no pun. Been a busy Monday here at Wyrd!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Been ages since I saw Dogma @Treehouse.

It's mostly that the wrinkles reminds me a lot of cowpats of a certain looseness (I grew up on a farm so I've seen many a variety of cowpat and they are more firmly logged in my memory than any of Kevin Smith's movies). It will be interesting to see how the actually model turns out as there is usually a certain disconnect between it and the drawing.

13 hours ago, Turelio said:

Nice! Sounds like there's are a few similarities to Bad Juju, but Juju has caused me some grief in the past. Now McMourning will get a chance to use the same tricks against Juju!

(I can only assume. Either way, looks like it will be fun to paint.)

I was thinking the same thing. I hope it doesn't outclass Bad Juju though.

• Like 1