Anyone tried the midnight stalker with Hamline?/ A&D still worth it?

Sanik

The midnight stalker is an interesting one. On paper he seems go well with Hamline since Hamline can do the rat-engine thing to control(?) when exactly the midnight stalker. But at the same time, He is not exactly a good obey target (since he can't attack who already went)  and if he goes late (as most of hamline's crew does as they just burn actiations) he can't attack juicy targets....

so I am curious how he fares with Hamline (or even other masters) is he worth the SS? or should I just go with SUE?

Annnd

I am curious if A&D still is worth the points. I mean out of 5 GG 2018 Start, he can't participate in 2 strats as he can not get any conditions, and I think he is not so well suited for Ours either.

Do you still take A&D for those strats simply because...well he is A&D? is he worth the SS now he is 14 ss?

Midnight stalker has done solid work for me in a couple of games with hamelin. I'd agree he isn't the best obey target, but he runs independent of any other action. 

I really like A&D in several strats with hamelin but since he can't gain conditions, he isn't an autotake for me in GG18. 

He will straight up win you Symbols of Authority, Surround Their Forces, Covert Breakthrough without having to break a sweat. He's definitely worth it. A&D is still very very good too but he doesn't always fit. I am still ok with him in Ours, and Ply but Public Execution isn't so great IMO. I'd rather spend the points on models that are gonna get you points when they kill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanik said:

But at the same time, He is not exactly a good obey target (since he can't attack who already went)  and if he goes late (as most of hamline's crew does as they just burn actiations) he can't attack juicy targets....

Just to counter this for a minute, his ability specifies "During this model's activation", which means obey does allow you to go after activated targets. After all, it's not the Stalker's activation, but the obeyer's.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

You must play him as solid scheme runner/anti scheme runner - simply attack enemy scheme runners (who are likely away from friends) and place schemes to score your own VP. Symbols of Authority, Covert Breakthrough, Surround Them, even Guarded Treasure or Inescapable trap are very easy when you combine powers of Stalker and Hamelin.

On 2018. 2. 17. at 5:03 AM, whodares said:

Just to counter this for a minute, his ability specifies "During this model's activation", which means obey does allow you to go after activated targets. After all, it's not the Stalker's activation, but the obeyer's.

AHHH....nice. I missed that. I guess he is a way better than I expected. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...