Double Question - Collodi and Piglets

Schulzy16

Question

1) When a model is instructed to summon a piglet, can that model summon a stuffed piglet instead?

2) Collodi's Fated upgrade lets him radiate conditions that he gives himself and that Effigies give him. It's the effects that give him the conditions (i.e. Focus Action, Effigy's Leader Condition), and not the conditions themselves, that specify that the condition expires at the end of turn. Therefore, could an argument be made that conditions handed out to other models via Collodi's The Fate of Us All or Follow My Lead abilities don't expire at the end of turn when they would otherwise?

Yes, I'm angle shooting with that last question, I'd just like to know if it happens to be confirmed to work that way.

5 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Schulzy16 said:

1) When a model is instructed to summon a piglet, can that model summon a stuffed piglet instead?

2) Collodi's Fated upgrade lets him radiate conditions that he gives himself and that Effigies give him. It's the effects that give him the conditions (i.e. Focus Action, Effigy's Leader Condition), and not the conditions themselves, that specify that the condition expires at the end of turn. Therefore, could an argument be made that conditions handed out to other models via Collodi's The Fate of Us All or Follow My Lead abilities don't expire at the end of turn when they would otherwise?

Yes, I'm angle shooting with that last question, I'd just like to know if it happens to be confirmed to work that way.

1, What specific model/action are you talking about?

2, Conditions default to end of turn if no other end time is given.(Page 52, just above Burning)

Piglet is not a keyword characteristic but a specific model so no to number 1 unless there is specific wording letting you choose. Look at the card of a rotten belle and you willsee that thry are Belles in the line at the top just like Dead Doxies and Sybelle. Piglets are Pigs and Beasts.

Number 2 was already answered: all conditions end at the end of the turn unless they specifically say otherwise.

The nearest you'll see to 1 is the new flying piglet has an ability on its card that lets it be summoned when an action normally would only summon a stuffed piglet. 

The Stuffed piglet does not have this wording, so if the action only lets you summon a piglet you can only summon a piglet.