neverborn nemesis

TeddyBear

I kind of feel like Saemus is one for me, when my oppnonent declares him, I kind of know what to expect. Maybe it is because I played against him a bit when I started learning, and Pandora died to a Red Joker on turn 2, during the 1st ever game I played her. 

The Hanged & Anna usually crop up in his lists, and recently, he shot Collodi, causing 4 wounds on the first activation of turn 1. He took a bit of a battering the next activation, but was soon carried away.

Nellie is another one, she isn't really bad, but I still have nightmares about the time Mr Graves had 4 or more conditions on his card and literally couldn't do anything 😂

• Like 1

Player matters more than the master really. But masters that screw with our Ca actions can really be hard to approach. So people with counterspell auras placed well, or Mei Feng Venting Steam every turn. As soon as you turn off Ca/throw it into negatives, or take away our suits, it starts to really hinder a lot of our best pieces.

• Like 2

@TeddyBear

One of my good mates usually always uses Anna against me. Mainly when I declare Collodi or Pandora, and sometimes when I run Lilith (usually with Graves and/or Lilitu and situationally a Silurid)

She can be killed, but her stat line is really nice, plus she can stone. Vortex allows for pushing away beaters and in Neverborn we haven't got a tonne of shooting, but she can still be put down by a dedicated Nekima stampede. 

There was a lot of talk about Zipp in another thread, he is a tricky master to beat. He can bury (I haven't played against that style yet, it seems fun) displace your models and help with his own positioning. The first time I faced him, I used Pandora (which was like my 4th game with her) Pandora decimated his hand, then my opponent (who was new to Zipp) figured dropping her was the best option. It worked really well. His zipper zapper has some nice triggers and Zipp is slippery to kill with his triggers. I don't think I've ever killed him, but I feel like Lilith or the Rider stand a good chance at tying him down (with long charge ranges and rooted).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joel said:

Zipp just needs to be hit hard once - after that he’s manageable 

Exactly, he does not have damage mitigating abilities (other than taking stilts). This means you have to focus shoot/cast, as your typical "charge" will at best net only 1 attack.

Zipp players are more than likely to cheat the highest card they have on the 1st attack to blast off using mask trigger. The problem comes if Zipp takes Stilts + Dirty Cheater, this way he can take 1 hit, blast off, followed by activating and healing through DC. This way he nullified one of your hits and re-positioned himself. Stilts give him the flexibility of taking a ML hit that "if" RJ he can dump stilts on.

In all honesty I recommend anna lovelace and doppelganger as a zipp hunting squad. 

6 hours ago, INXVI said:

@TeddyBear

One of my good mates usually always uses Anna against me. Mainly when I declare Collodi or Pandora, and sometimes when I run Lilith (usually with Graves and/or Lilitu and situationally a Silurid)

Why is your opponent picking their models after knowing your master? You should only be declaring what faction you're each playing when you build your crew.

• Like 1

@so_diogenes

This was more in the past, maybe we didn't have much time or something. It is usually only for casual play anyway, never in a serious or tournament based atmosphere. But yeah I know what you mean, I don't mind my opponent knowing my master in casual, that way if they throw out a counter, I can probably learn from it and retaliate in the future. It isn't the right way to play, and I usually don't think about it but there's a few factors that impact it, for example if I'm dedicating time to learn a master.

I'll probably stop that if it ever comes up from now on, I didn't think much off it, but thanks for pointing it out mate :)

On 16.02.2018 at 10:23 PM, PolishSausage said:

Exactly, he does not have damage mitigating abilities (other than taking stilts). This means you have to focus shoot/cast, as your typical "charge" will at best net only 1 attack.

Zipp players are more than likely to cheat the highest card they have on the 1st attack to blast off using mask trigger. The problem comes if Zipp takes Stilts + Dirty Cheater, this way he can take 1 hit, blast off, followed by activating and healing through DC. This way he nullified one of your hits and re-positioned himself. Stilts give him the flexibility of taking a ML hit that "if" RJ he can dump stilts on.

In all honesty I recommend anna lovelace and doppelganger as a zipp hunting squad. 

Why doppel and anna? They dont seem to do much against Zipp, could you elaborate on this?

I primary Pandora, so definitely Zipp. He's fast enough that he's hard to catch, and his primary attack can really hurt Pandora since she can't resist on Wp and push away which is her primary defense.

My next game I'm going to try the Mature Nephilim with Retributions Eye method. Possibly also with Voices Pandora to Paralyze him first or Lilith to Root him.

• Like 1