Hand Pressure Options

I'm a Teapot!

Hi fellow ressers,

I'm currently experimenting with hand pressure lists among all the factions and I'd like to ask you what options the ressers have for this?

The first thing that comes to mind is the trigger on a belles lure and the graveyard spirit has a 0 to make the enemy discard a card for one of your own cards.

Are there other options? 

I'd like to play Sybelle with her kill trigger and tara to benefit from the hand pressure the crew is putting on the enemy. 

Thanks

Seamus with his new Do You Know Who I Am upgrade and a Corpse Bloat in the crew can force a lot of high-ish simple duels => hand pressure. 

His totem has an auto-kill trigger in melee and usually he likes to hire (and summon) Belles. 

Seems a good candidate to me. 

Asura rotten force Wp duels with her Quarantine markers, and the undead in her crew can apply a quite frustrating condition at distance. 

• Like 2

Horror duels often force opponents to cheat to avoid them. So the many horror duel causing models in the faction help you there. Draugr have a 0 whilst height 2 to force a discard also and sloth creates many options that encourage enemy to discard. If you want to use horror duels, anna lovelace, hanged and dead rider can cause them very frequently.

• Like 1

The trick with Terror lists is that they are very swingy and not especially good just on their own, in a competitive sense, because there are so many ways around it. Frozen Heart, immunity to paralyze, immunity to conditions, immunity to horror, condition removal, etc...

The trick to making a very good Terror list is to find models that synergize especially well together, that also just happen to have terror or manipulative. Just tossing in models that have terror and hitting frape on the blender doesn't really make an effective list I find.

I've been experimenting with some builds and I've gotten more success using AKA Sebastian Baker instead of Corpse Bloat and Performers instead of Belles. I still haven't cracked a good consistent one yet though, especially considering that as soon as you declare Ressers the enemy is likely to bring the anti-condition tech which makes your job harder. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I just played a Seamus Terror list today and it definitely put pressure on my opponents hand. There were several Paralyzes towards the end of turn.

I was using Seamus with DYKWIA, Sybelle, Valedictorian and Yin and also Chiaki with Manipulative

The (0) Boo! on DYKWIA is great if you wait till the opponent has no cards and force horror duels on everyone in a 3" :pulse

• Like 1