Oh Captain My Captain!

bertmac

I love the model. I used him before he was lowered in cost quite a bit, up to three 5" pushes on a 6 are quite good. On top of that he has very good damage, a surprising threat range (8" charge, 3" melee range) and while not all that survivable, has a good trigger to discourage charges. Plus soft cover on a stick. Such a good package.

He gets great with Ironsides, because Hand-Picked Men, but I use him in almost all lists these days, mostly for pushing models forward to enable charges/shoots, and then charging in when the lines clash.

Before, he competed with the Emissary, who has a similar place (give actions to other models, good damage with decent survivability, displace enemies), now with them costing the same there is no contest anymore. A bit sad, I also like the Emissary, but I will find a place for him again, I am sure :)

Ditto to @MuMantai, The Captain is my favourite model in the whole range and I fielded him a lot even at 12 ss. The support he offers is just golden, the 11" threat range with a min 3 damage is nothing to sneeze at and with soulstones he's surprisingly hard to take down. I've never regretted bringing him and now that he's 10 ss with the upgrade, I'll be cramming him in every crew I can.