Lucky Effigy

daniello_s

I'm still going to argue that p.17 in the small rulebook makes it quite clear.

"Bonus modifiers (:+flip) force a model to flip additional cards and then provide the model with a choice of which card to use... Penalty modifiers (:-flip) force the model to flip additional cards and then use the lowest value card flipped..."

This also means that lawyers and Molly are quite bonkers.

No matter the interpretation it's still a solid effigy. Stats are better than a 4ss model and the attack can really hurt an opponent. Plus his hit me aura is quite solid.

• 5 weeks later...

I've yet to use him ( still not painted ), but I will use him, not for his (0), but for his hit me aura thing. on a 4ss HtK model, i think he's worth having him possibly take 2 hits, instead of my master, or other key model, and if you have a slop Hauler, and they don't finish him, you can heal him for 1, and he's back to being good.

Zoraida is already a pain to attack, between her 10wp, and needing to focus to be useful, that having to focus, then possibly cheat a card, or hitting Lucky instead of Zo, sounds like a plus to me.

with Ophelia and her (0) giving her :+flip, Lucky's (0) is pretty nice.

I'll also take him Collodi when I get him, especially since Collodi can just resummons him when he dies.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, wafew said:

I've yet to use him ( still not painted ), but I will use him, not for his (0), but for his hit me aura thing. on a 4ss HtK model, i think he's worth having him possibly take 2 hits, instead of my master, or other key model, and if you have a slop Hauler, and they don't finish him, you can heal him for 1, and he's back to being good.

Zoraida is already a pain to attack, between her 10wp, and needing to focus to be useful, that having to focus, then possibly cheat a card, or hitting Lucky instead of Zo, sounds like a plus to me.

The only problem with Hit Me is that it is easy to get around due to it requiring the Effigy to be a valid target (unlike Challenge). So it is often rather easy to position oneself in such a way that the Effigy isn't a legal target but the actual target is. Of course you can move the Effigy accordingly, but it's still a bit tricky to get much use out of Hit Me in actual play, IMO. Especially as it costs an AP to use.

Also note that Slop Haulers can only heal Gremlins and Pigs and Effigy is neither, unfortunately.

with Ophelia and her (0) giving her :+flip, Lucky's (0) is pretty nice.

As noted above, that kinda hinges on one's interpretation of the rules regarding flips. Can be nice if you interpret the rules favourably, agreed!

I'll also take him Collodi when I get him, especially since Collodi can just resummons him when he dies.

With Collodi Lucky is absolutely amazing.

Also note that Slop Haulers can only heal Gremlins and Pigs and Effigy is neither, unfortunately.

... I really need to learn to read more carefully ) : 

7 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

The only problem with Hit Me is that it is easy to get around due to it requiring the Effigy to be a valid target (unlike Challenge). So it is often rather easy to position oneself in such a way that the Effigy isn't a legal target but the actual target is. Of course you can move the Effigy accordingly, but it's still a bit tricky to get much use out of Hit Me in actual play, IMO. Especially as it costs an AP to use.

I hadn't put a ton of thought into the enemy repositioning himself, thank you for the insight, i'll have to actually try him out to see how well(/badly) he does.