Jesy Blue

Building a "Blue Deck" Crew

The plan is to load a crew up with Warding Runes and Hannah to deny everyone as many printed suits as possible. 

So besides those three cards, what else is there that ignores printed suits?

Ramos and Rasputina both have Counterspell on their cards.

Friekorps Librarian also has the same Nether Fluctuations ability that Hannah does. 

Unless there’s a specific crew that you are looking to counter by doing this, I suspect that you will be disappointed with the results of going all in on printed suit removal. A lot of crews will just find it to be a bit of an inconvenience. 

• Like 1

While it doesn't shut things down the way I think a blue deck did in MtG when I played that for a short stint I think the concept is a fun one.

Suit removal will almost act like armour against many guild lists because all the damage dealers have built in crits. All lures require a built in suit to go off and lures win games in many scheme pools.

Counterspell (and thus Warding Runes) are only against Ca actions so are not going affect most models at all.

Confused it with whatever two abilities Hannah and Librarians habe. That would mean it's almost only good against lures and other arcanists.

1 hour ago, Freman said:

Hannah has Nether Flux that strips all suits up close, but that's specific to her.

Librarians have nether fluctuation which does about the same thin with a slight difference in wording. "enemy model in aura 4 ignore any suits associted with theirCa, Sh and Ml stats.

I was hoping it was more prevalent in the crew than that.  I don't see Counterspell on Ramos, is there an Upgrade or errataed card that has it?

Odd concept, I could hire both Librarians with Sandeep (Academics) and mercenary hire Hannah, then Warding Runes on 2 more Henchmen.  Things to think about....

• Like 1

I think the funniest control build i've seen is ramos with vox populi, child, lazarus, and amina nadu... you drop 3 strike markers a turn and turn 2 models in to peons... no idea if its good 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dannydb said:

I think the funniest control build i've seen is ramos with vox populi, child, lazarus, and amina nadu... you drop 3 strike markers a turn and turn 2 models in to peons... no idea if its good 

You can also use the Captain and Amina to push ennemy models into strike markers too. I have had one game experience with it (ply for information game). I easily denied take one for the team with the list. However I had not included Lazarus though. I should consider him next time I play the list.

However I had no model left on the board at the end of the game. For sure, part of it is my lack of experience with the list. Also I chose to detonate Ramos in the last round together with a steam arachnid to deny hold up their forces.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1