PullMyFinger going away?

Emberlost

2 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Hopefully you don't start noticing strange activities unnoticed by others on the forums a la Rear Window.

Good luck with the recovery. 

I'm all good. It's SBOD that needs your good wishes and references to famous Jimmy Stewart movies.

So, Arcanists are done. Some were a bit more complicated. Colette for example, is probably going to require some reshifting of text, as the original wasn't set to the normal template, but everything was copied from the old site to the new.

It looks like @Paddywhack did what he said, and set the templates (though the Gremlins main page is not properly formatted), so I'll start work on Outcasts in the morning. If anyone wants dibs on doing either of the others (TenT or Gremlins), that's helpful.

And that's Outcasts done, with the exception of Bishop. @Paddywhack, his template appears to be borked.

That's all five original factions that should be complete. I'm gonna take a few days off, so if anyone wants to take a crack at Gremlins or Ten Thunders, have at it, else I'll wrap them up starting Tuesday night.

There's still plenty of work prettying stuff up (clearing empty white space, resizing some of the 'too large' text), if anyone wants to do a less "full on" job. There's also the matter of adding information to the existing stuff, ie the purpose of the Wiki, if some of the old stuff is outdated, or you've just got some nifty new tricks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'm all good. It's SBOD that needs your good wishes and references to famous Jimmy Stewart movies.

So, Arcanists are done. Some were a bit more complicated. Colette for example, is probably going to require some reshifting of text, as the original wasn't set to the normal template, but everything was copied from the old site to the new.

It looks like @Paddywhack did what he said, and set the templates (though the Gremlins main page is not properly formatted), so I'll start work on Outcasts in the morning. If anyone wants dibs on doing either of the others (TenT or Gremlins), that's helpful.

yes, they all should be good. I'll fix the Gremlins format later today (I was falling asleep last night). i noticed a couple of Neverborn appeared to be missing (Jakob Lynch). I thought he was done, but apparently not. Might be others randomly missing as well.

9 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

And that's Outcasts done, with the exception of Bishop. @Paddywhack, his template appears to be borked.

That's all five original factions that should be complete. I'm gonna take a few days off, so if anyone wants to take a crack at Gremlins or Ten Thunders, have at it, else I'll wrap them up starting Tuesday night.

There's still plenty of work prettying stuff up (clearing empty white space, resizing some of the 'too large' text), if anyone wants to do a less "full on" job. There's also the matter of adding information to the existing stuff, ie the purpose of the Wiki, if some of the old stuff is outdated, or you've just got some nifty new tricks.

Fixed Bishop. Let me know if any others are missing as well.

Canvas handles text strangely. I've found it best to select all text, cahnge the font size to anything and then immediately change it back to 12pt. That helps get everything on the same page. For headings I've been just using all CAPS and bold to help differentiate. It's easy and keeps it clean (imo). 

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

yes, they all should be good. I'll fix the Gremlins format later today (I was falling asleep last night). i noticed a couple of Neverborn appeared to be missing (Jakob Lynch). I thought he was done, but apparently not. Might be others randomly missing as well.

I know how that is. I almost drifted off doing Hamelin (I start at the bottom and work up, so it was literally the last one to do.

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Fixed Bishop. Let me know if any others are missing as well.

And Bishop has been transferred to Canvas.

EDIT : Got bored, and did the Gremlins, except the Masters. Apparently don't have access. Also, the Gremlins main page isn't formatted to the standard columns used for the other six factions.

Gonna have lunch now, but I might wrap up the Ten Thunders when I get back. Just so that the transcriptions are done. Then we get the "fun" part of making it all look pretty. One suggestion I'd like to make, is adding a small section to the end of each overview where a model is errata'd, to indicate that the model has been. Just something small, so people can double check they have the right card before wondering why a tactica might be "wrong".

An example for Guild Austringer might be to add to the end of the overview,
[Errata Jan17] Austringers lost the ability to gain range when Focusing Raptor Attacks.

For some models they've been updated to reflect the changes. But it seems to be inconsistent, and making sure everyone is on the same page is important, I feel. Especially newly changed models that a new-ish player (people who might be looking to the Wiki for advice) might not know.

So... my plans fell through, so I finished out the Ten Thunders. And four Neverborn Masters I thought I did, but apparently missed.

That SHOULD be everything transcribed, with the exception of the six non-dual Gremlin Masters, and Jury (Guild Henchman). @Paddywhack, if you want to fix the templates, I'll copy those across.

If someone wants to check for missed entries, and let us know, that'd be great. I'm happy to do the transcription if you don't want to.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 11:53 PM, Morgan Vening said:

So... my plans fell through, so I finished out the Ten Thunders. And four Neverborn Masters I thought I did, but apparently missed.

That SHOULD be everything transcribed, with the exception of the six non-dual Gremlin Masters, and Jury (Guild Henchman). @Paddywhack, if you want to fix the templates, I'll copy those across.

If someone wants to check for missed entries, and let us know, that'd be great. I'm happy to do the transcription if you don't want to.

I'll try and do that ASAP. Starting a new job this week, so a little busy of course. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 12:06 AM, Angelshard said:

Might just be me, but I can't find the new site when I search for it. I can find the main canvas site, but no malifaux course.

https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/1293024

Try this. I may not have all the settings correct to find it in the Canvas search as it wasn't presentable yet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Looks like we are still missing the non-dual faction Gremlins. I will try and get working on those ASAP. 

I just fixed The Jury as well. 

I saw you did the templates and Ophelia and Mah, so I finished out the last three (Ulix, Wong and Somer).

That SHOULD mean the transfer is now complete, and the only things left to do is tidy up the pages (some formatting, correction of hyperlinks, etc).

On 4/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, Morgan Vening said:

Gonna have lunch now, but I might wrap up the Ten Thunders when I get back. Just so that the transcriptions are done. Then we get the "fun" part of making it all look pretty. One suggestion I'd like to make, is adding a small section to the end of each overview where a model is errata'd, to indicate that the model has been. Just something small, so people can double check they have the right card before wondering why a tactica might be "wrong".

An example for Guild Austringer might be to add to the end of the overview,
[Errata Jan17] Austringers lost the ability to gain range when Focusing Raptor Attacks.

For some models they've been updated to reflect the changes. But it seems to be inconsistent, and making sure everyone is on the same page is important, I feel. Especially newly changed models that a new-ish player (people who might be looking to the Wiki for advice) might not know.

Good idea. I can add it to the Templates moving forward, but all the current pages would need it added. Might be easier to just add it those pages that have been Errata'd instead. I believe their is a list on the Malifaux page, so that should be easy to do. I might add it to the top of the page in the Overview, so that it isn't missed.  

Something like this?

This model was Errata'd. Please see the FAQ and Errata  page for the newest card information. Some information may need updating.

I added that to the Ironsides page and it might be easier to just point people to the Errata. Over time the pages and tactics will hopefully be updated, but this gives people some warning that there was an Errata. For models that just changed SS cost, I might just add that that was the only change. 

• Agree 1

On 5/17/2018 at 5:09 PM, Morgan Vening said:

I saw you did the templates and Ophelia and Mah, so I finished out the last three (Ulix, Wong and Somer).

That SHOULD mean the transfer is now complete, and the only things left to do is tidy up the pages (some formatting, correction of hyperlinks, etc).

Thank you!

A quick tip, if you haven't figured it out yet, is to look for the little box symbol next to a link. That means that the link goes to another website and is an old link. If the there is no little box, then it should be linking to a page in Canvas. I've done some here and there as I went (Resurrs should be good, but a double check never hurts).

Adding Pics can be a bit counter intuitive sadly. I've added some to the Files section, or if you click on Images in the sidebar (or bottom bar, depending on your screen), you can go to Flickr or upload a new image. I did create File Folder for each Faction so we can save pics in each to make it easier to find them later. I also can't find a way to add styles to the pics without going into HTML view - things like Float and Padding. If you are comfortable doing that, I can go back through after and do that. 

Thanks again for all the help. Really, you've done a bulk of the transfer work. :D:+flip

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Thank you!

A quick tip, if you haven't figured it out yet, is to look for the little box symbol next to a link. That means that the link goes to another website and is an old link. If the there is no little box, then it should be linking to a page in Canvas. I've done some here and there as I went (Resurrs should be good, but a double check never hurts).

image.png.86b3012271b7fde01324411a8d18ee8b.png

Adding Pics can be a bit counter intuitive sadly. I've added some to the Files section, or if you click on Images in the sidebar (or bottom bar, depending on your screen), you can go to Flickr or upload a new image. I did create File Folder for each Faction so we can save pics in each to make it easier to find them later. I also can't find a way to add styles to the pics without going into HTML view - things like Float and Padding. If you are comfortable doing that, I can go back through after and do that. 

Thanks again for all the help. Really, you've done a bulk of the transfer work. :D:+flip

Happy to help, it kept my mind off my medical problems, and like I said at the outset, PMF was an invaluable resource to me, even if I couldn't add much (cause I'm no tactician), so it was my way of paying back the efforts of everyone who did so before.

I don't have that much time anymore, but I'll continue work on the tidying up. Can you point to a singular post that provides adequate examples of everything you want to add, so I have a style guide I can format off of?