PullMyFinger going away?

Emberlost

17 minutes ago, SBOD said:

Once you get permission from Wyrd i'd be happy to help transfer info over. PMF was a huge help when i started and i'd like to give something back to it.
I can start with Arcanists if that helps as they're my main faction.

Sure thing! It's fairly easy, but I can give you any info on how to do stuff. It's got some quirks, but overall is pretty easy to use. I think I've made fairly simple Templates that can be copied and then renamed easily enough. I think I have the faction landing pages worked out to what feels like an easy to use set up, but I haven't done all of them yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have the go ahead from Wyrd as long as we keep the Copyright info and links back to their site. I have that stuff on the bottom of each page right now.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:17 PM, SBOD said:

Once you get permission from Wyrd i'd be happy to help transfer info over. PMF was a huge help when i started and i'd like to give something back to it.
I can start with Arcanists if that helps as they're my main faction.

SBOD you can start with the Arcanists now. I've got that page ready and pages created for each entry. If you want to start copy/pasting stuff that's great. Note that you have to Add yourself to the 'Class' before you can make edits to anything. Click Join This Course in the upper right (or possibly bottom - it adjusts depending on your screen) of the page. 

You can click to a page and then click Edit to make changes. I've got it set up so you can just click on the work CONTENT and paste the actual content for each section there instead. The only slight annoyance is images. I can't seem to find an easy way to add style elements like Float and padding without going into HTML view. If you are comfortable with that, great, otherwise i can go back later and clean things up as needed. Let me know if you have trouble. 

I'm going to work on prepping each Faction page first and then go back and starting to copy and paste. Hopefully we can pull everything before PMF disappears. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone else wants to assist, I have the Guild and Neverborn pages created. They are ready for people to start copying and pasting from PullMyFinger.

I'm going to get the rest of the pages created soon and go back and start copying stuff as soon as I can. Hopefully there is still enough time to get it all moved over. I've saved the Ressur stuff at least :) 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

If anyone else wants to assist, I have the Guild and Neverborn pages created. They are ready for people to start copying and pasting from PullMyFinger.

I'm going to get the rest of the pages created soon and go back and start copying stuff as soon as I can. Hopefully there is still enough time to get it all moved over. I've saved the Ressur stuff at least :) 

I'm willing to help, but I'm not sure what I can do. Never done something on this level, especially at what looks to be the import level. But if you need someone to check for errors and minor fixes, I'm absolutely your guy.

I've found PMF to be an invaluable resource, and if I can help out any, I'd love to.

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'm willing to help, but I'm not sure what I can do. Never done something on this level, especially at what looks to be the import level. But if you need someone to check for errors and minor fixes, I'm absolutely your guy.

I've found PMF to be an invaluable resource, and if I can help out any, I'd love to.

It's really just copy and pasting at this point. Though i have found that PMF can sometimes copy and paste strangely, but that can usually be cleaned up with a little work. 

Click Join this Course and you can edit pages. Go to Modules and then you can start with Guild or Neverborn right now. There is a button that says Edit Page near the top (usually). Then its just a matter of going to the PMF page in one tab and copying the relevant sections over to the new site (just paste the content over the word CONTENT in each field). There are ways to add Links and Images, but if we can save the text for now, we can go back and pretty it up later. No HTML needed for basic copy/paste stuff. Canvas isn't perfect and has some quirks, but it's fairly easy to figure out.

Let me know if you try and have any questions. Thanks! 

17 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

It's really just copy and pasting at this point. Though i have found that PMF can sometimes copy and paste strangely, but that can usually be cleaned up with a little work. 

Click Join this Course and you can edit pages. Go to Modules and then you can start with Guild or Neverborn right now. There is a button that says Edit Page near the top (usually). Then its just a matter of going to the PMF page in one tab and copying the relevant sections over to the new site (just paste the content over the word CONTENT in each field). There are ways to add Links and Images, but if we can save the text for now, we can go back and pretty it up later. No HTML needed for basic copy/paste stuff. Canvas isn't perfect and has some quirks, but it's fairly easy to figure out.

Let me know if you try and have any questions. Thanks! 

Unless I screwed up (a reasonable probability), I did the Enforcers, Minions, Totems and Peons for Guild, but I'm having trouble getting the formatting for Henchmen, and likely will with Masters. If you can take a look at Sidir, and tell me where I screwed up, I can fix it and get everything done.

Else, I'll do the Neverborn E/M/T/P after lunch, as I seem to be able to do them OK.

Oooh, I've been copying the titles across as well. Is that bad? I can fix that.

15 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Unless I screwed up (a reasonable probability), I did the Enforcers, Minions, Totems and Peons for Guild, but I'm having trouble getting the formatting for Henchmen, and likely will with Masters. If you can take a look at Sidir, and tell me where I screwed up, I can fix it and get everything done.

Else, I'll do the Neverborn E/M/T/P after lunch, as I seem to be able to do them OK.

Oooh, I've been copying the titles across as well. Is that bad? I can fix that.

Thanks. I can take a look. The old titles can be cleaned up as needed. I've also been removing any mention of V1.5 stuff as that is soooo outdated now. 

The template for the Master/Henchman is a little different, but if you still go section by section and just replace the word CONTENT you should be fine. If the formatting gets off, I can fix it. I set those pages as tabbed since the masters seem to get very long sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Thanks. I can take a look. The old titles can be cleaned up as needed. I've also been removing any mention of V1.5 stuff as that is soooo outdated now. 

The template for the Master/Henchman is a little different, but if you still go section by section and just replace the word CONTENT you should be fine. If the formatting gets off, I can fix it. I set those pages as tabbed since the masters seem to get very long sometimes. 

Will try that now. I may need a proper fix on Sidir, as I might have bollocksed him up, but good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morgan Vening said:

Will try that now. I may need a proper fix on Sidir, as I might have bollocksed him up, but good.

Yeah, somethings off with the HTML. but it easy to just delete it all and start fresh.  

If you copy images that is fine, but they link back to PMF so won't work once that ends. I've found copying from PMF to be a a bit hit or miss. Depends on how each page is set up and its very easy to accidentally grab extraneous stuff.  Thanks for the help though. Going back in and making it pretty again is a lot quicker than starting from nothing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah, somethings off with the HTML. but it easy to just delete it all and start fresh.  

If you copy images that is fine, but they link back to PMF so won't work once that ends. I've found copying from PMF to be a a bit hit or miss. Depends on how each page is set up and its very easy to accidentally grab extraneous stuff.  Thanks for the help though. Going back in and making it pretty again is a lot quicker than starting from nothing. 

So... no point in copying across pictures?

Also, the Jury (Guild Henchman) page isn't formatted right.

I'm OK at the grunt work, but anything beyond that is not something I want to tamper with. 

• Like 1

Yeah, when you copy and paste the image it is using the PMF page as the location. Once that disappears those images will stop working. I'll go back in and add images later when I'm cleaning. 

No worries at all - any help is appreciated. At least if the main text is copied over we don't lose it all. Making it look good again is something we can spend some time on. 

• Like 1

Yeah, when you copy and paste the image it is using the PMF page as the location. Once that disappears those images will stop working. I'll go back in and add images later when I'm cleaning. 

No worries at all - any help is appreciated. At least if the main text is copied over we don't lose it all. Making it look good again is something we can spend some time on. 

I've been copying across even the "blank" stuff (like Phiona Gage), because I figure it's better to have that, and know that there was nothing to copy, than leave it blank, and worry that it hadn't been.

• Like 1

OK, so with the exception of Jury and Sidir, Guild is done.

There were some additional chapters for some models. Stuff like "Utility", "Soulstones", or "Starting a Crew". I folded the former two into Tactics and the latter one into Builds, until they can be assessed. As you said, better to catch it all before it's lost, then fiddle with it.

I'll do Neverborn later today. What should I do after that?

EDIT: Neverborn Enforcers, Minions and Peons done. Will do Masters, Henchmen and Totems tomorry.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

OK, so with the exception of Jury and Sidir, Guild is done.

There were some additional chapters for some models. Stuff like "Utility", "Soulstones", or "Starting a Crew". I folded the former two into Tactics and the latter one into Builds, until they can be assessed. As you said, better to catch it all before it's lost, then fiddle with it.

I'll do Neverborn later today. What should I do after that?

EDIT: Neverborn Enforcers, Minions and Peons done. Will do Masters, Henchmen and Totems tomorry.

I may not get the pages set up for the next ones till tomorrow night. I've been busy at work. Should be able to get the next couple of factions if not all of them done tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I may not get the pages set up for the next ones till tomorrow night. I've been busy at work. Should be able to get the next couple of factions if not all of them done tomorrow night. 

Neverborn done. I noticed that the Resser and Arcanists have been templated, so I'll start on those some time today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

ressurrs are all done. Did those myself first as a proof of concept. Arcansists were started, but not sure if they are done. 

Actually, you missed Kirai (she was what I randomly clicked on), and a couple were still blank templates (Draugr, Bone Pile), but I copied them all over.

About to start to finish any gaps in the Arcanists.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SBOD said:

I started Marcus from Arcanists, i've been bed ridden for the last week though so haven't had a chance to continue.
Let me know what needs doing and i'll get on it today.

I'm similarly laid up (leg issue), hence having the time to do it. Take it easy and get better. I've done the Peon/Minion/Enforcers, so it's easy for me to rap up the Arcanists in the next hour or so.

Then it's on Paddy to format Outcast/Gremlin/TenT, and we can divvy those up.

3 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Actually, you missed Kirai (she was what I randomly clicked on), and a couple were still blank templates (Draugr, Bone Pile), but I copied them all over.

About to start to finish any gaps in the Arcanists.

Shoot! I can't believe I missed her. I swear i thought I had them all done. Some didn't have anything yet in PMF, but maybe I missed some. Especially the newer models. Those still need some love and attention. 

Shoot! I can't believe I missed her. I swear i thought I had them all done. Some didn't have anything yet in PMF, but maybe I missed some. Especially the newer models. Those still need some love and attention. 

Nope. Maybe you did, but her being Manipulative stopped you from posting it?

And yeah, I've been copying over even the newer models "blank" information, so it can easily be seen as being "done", and not something that's forgotten.

7 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'm similarly laid up (leg issue), hence having the time to do it. Take it easy and get better. I've done the Peon/Minion/Enforcers, so it's easy for me to rap up the Arcanists in the next hour or so.

Hopefully you don't start noticing strange activities unnoticed by others on the forums a la Rear Window.

Good luck with the recovery.