Which Masters do you avoid for each faction?

WWHSD

9 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Poor judgement was excercised if 3 Sabertooth’s find themselves in a drinking contest.

I consider that not just sound advice for Malifaux but also for life.

I assume its some form of fermented milk used in that contest. 

16 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Isn’t Sonnia outranging your crew going to be an issue no matter what master you bring? I might be forgeting something but I think that 12 inches is the longest range attack that any Arcanist model has. Rasputina and Silent Ones can extend their range by using mirrors but that can be shutdown by engaging or killing the mirrors.

Sonnia isn't so good at out ranging my Marcus. Something about attacking her in her own deployment is a lot of fun. especially if I can then make her a beast to save Marcus from attacks from the rest of the crew...

But thats stretchign the term out range I guess

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adran said:

I assume its some form of fermented milk used in that contest. 

Sonnia isn't so good at out ranging my Marcus. Something about attacking her in her own deployment is a lot of fun. especially if I can then make her a beast to save Marcus from attacks from the rest of the crew...

But thats stretchign the term out range I guess

Whatever Marcus can alpha at max distance should naturally be considered part of his ranged attacks. ;)

16 hours ago, Franchute said:

Does this include your trick of 1AP charge the jackalope?

Effectively yes but takign it to extremes

For full maximum Marcus charge you need the spawn mother (giving models +2 to their charge distance), the charge for (1) ap upgrade and a way of making him fast(I normally suggest imbuied energies, but student of conflict exists if you need his slots). You then need to place models at 10", 20" and 30"(+-2") spots. (or if they are enemy, you need to hope you kill them in 2 attacks).  That isn't easy to do, but it is possible. Fun improvement is pack leader, and you can then make a third attack for making them fail a wp duel. 

(To be honest its really hard to get that friendly model to 30", but since that's the equivalent of the back of the board from standard deployment, its rare you need to go that far. 20" is doable with a silurid stat also starts near the spawn mother, almost every model can do the 10" place)

Fast, walk 8 and Ml expert gets you 34" threat with no set up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Adran said:

To be honest its really hard to get that friendly model to 30", but since that's the equivalent of the back of the board from standard deployment, its rare you need to go that far. 20" is doable with a silurid stat also starts near the spawn mother, almost every model can do the 10" place

A Wild Boar (or other model with From the Shadows) could probably be your 30 inch model.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adran said:

Always. and its only wimps that hire hog whisperers to control them....

Agreed! Sounds like playing auto crews like old Khorne or Savage Orcs where everything was frenzied so you just deployed and watched everything run forward until it could charge the nearest enemy. Less hard choices that way. ;)

Have to borrow a few pigs from my gremlin mates next time we play normal mode.