Monday Preview - The Undying Pt. 2

Nef

On 09/02/2018 at 8:22 PM, Kai said:

The Katashiro are paper creations brought to life with magic. They are able to attack immediately upon being summoned or placed, and they are able to turn into origami cranes to place themselves in new locations. As constructs and Oni, they can find a home in many Ten Thunders crews.

These three models join forces with the Wanyudo, a moving, flaming wheel in order to hunt down Manos and bring balance at last.

Does this not seem like a bad idea to anyone?

I make paper constructs and then put them with a giant wheel of fire...

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Does this not seem like a bad idea to anyone?

I make paper constructs and then put them with a giant wheel of fire...

Well from the artwork Minako appears to be running with scissors, so I guess she just doesn't give a damn about health and safety...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Athiko said:

Well from the artwork Minako appears to be running with scissors, so I guess she just doesn't give a damn about health and safety...

Maybe Manos actually stands for Malifaux National Organization for Safety? Maybe he's just out there trying to stop this vicious ninja who runs with scissors and lets a fire wheel potentially torch some innocent origami people?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, the tick said:

Maybe Manos actually stands for Malifaux National Organization for Safety? Maybe he's just out there trying to stop this vicious ninja who runs with scissors and lets a fire wheel potentially torch some innocent origami people?

100% my new headcanon

• Like 1

So... Katashiro are Oni and constructs huh? Given that Asami really likes scrap markers and given that none of the other models she summons drop any markers, what do you think the chances are that Katashiro have a rule ("Only Paper" or something) that means that they don't drop scrap markers on death? Perhaps more likely, they may be peons meaning Asami wouldn't be able to summon them.

If they do drop scrap, and they're minions, then Asami is going to have a field day with them.

I am really excited about these models either way.

44 minutes ago, Jinn said:

So... Katashiro are Oni and constructs huh? Given that Asami really likes scrap markers and given that none of the other models she summons drop any markers, what do you think the chances are that Katashiro have a rule ("Only Paper" or something) that means that they don't drop scrap markers on death? Perhaps more likely, they may be peons meaning Asami wouldn't be able to summon them.

If they do drop scrap, and they're minions, then Asami is going to have a field day with them.

I am really excited about these models either way.

It is important to remember that models that sacrifice don't drop markers anyways, so in terms of scrap generation, summoning a Katashiro just to kill will probably be worse than just using the trigger on Obsidian Oni or Ohaguro or Yokai to drop scrap/corpse markers. As for them being killed instead, there's not much difference than any other summoner and killing their summons.

5 minutes ago, Da Git said:

I wonder if Wyrd is going to post the rules online for these...

Otherwise, I think this will be the first time a model and stat card has come out before the book. 

Aionius

University of Transmortis

So third and fourth times (if you also count the gremlin/arcanist box)