Kai

Friday Preview - Artillery Team

Happy Friday Wyrdos!  As always Friday means it is time for another Other Side preview.  This Friday though the preview is ready to make a big boom!  Let's take a look at the artillery team.  

Wyrd_FridayPreview_2.9_2018.thumb.jpg.a67e41fa54cde828b5c2b0ec76371b9b.jpg

One of the most defining features of the King’s Empire is their widespread use of artillery on the battlefield. Their investment into firearms has paid dividends in both equipment for normal troops and the development of large-scale weapons like the howitzer. By achieving superior range over their opponents, the King’s Empire has managed to keep casualties down through the application of superior firepower. Typical Artillery Teams are made up of three soldiers: a gunner and two loaders. Even so, each member of the team trains in each position, allowing them to function even after they've suffered casualties.

On the tabletop, Artillery Teams are very long ranged units with poor accuracy. Their incredible Strength easily makes up for this, though, and they can comfortably sit on the backline and shell enemy troops all game long.

• Like 3

So, it seems you like to be undisturbed on the backfield shooting... it would be a blast... if there was a portal near...

Really like them!

13 minutes ago, the tick said:

Sweet! What's the base size for this sucker? I just had an idea for a Pigapult conversion.

120mm

I will add in a caveat that the Artillery Team is on a 120, but each "model" (i.e. 2 loaders and the 1 gun) are on 50mm.

The gun hangs over like crazy, though. Because it doesn't hang over the 120mm.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 8:22 AM, Aaron said:

I will add in a caveat that the Artillery Team is on a 120, but each "model" (i.e. 2 loaders and the 1 gun) are on 50mm.

The gun hangs over like crazy, though. Because it doesn't hang over the 120mm.

Thanks! That's an important distinction. Sounds like it could reasonably be mod'd up to be a pigapult. I'm thinking a stuffed piglet or gremlin being launched out of the barrel with smoke/fireball coming out of the blast attenuator at the end of the barrel.

35 minutes ago, Bizzrak said:

Grrrrrr... I should have bought in at Dual Commander. The Empire has some Awesome Models... 

@Bizzrak  Someone may correct me on this...but...I believe it is still possible to sign up as Backerkit has not closed yet

• Like 1