Lazarus - Viable w/Jack Daw?

Davos

With the release of the alt-Lazarus, (which looks amazing, well done Wyrd) I'm looking at picking him up to spend the stockpile of Guilders I've built up.  He doesn't fit in any of my other crews (Tara, Levi, Von Schill), but would he fit in JAck Daw?  I just picked him up and I'm searching for lists to run.  Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Davos said:

With the release of the alt-Lazarus, (which looks amazing, well done Wyrd) I'm looking at picking him up to spend the stockpile of Guilders I've built up.  He doesn't fit in any of my other crews (Tara, Levi, Von Schill), but would he fit in JAck Daw?  I just picked him up and I'm searching for lists to run.  Thoughts?

What constructs do you usually run with Levi? Do any of them have cool abilities that Lazarus can copy?

?format=750w

Man, as if The Guild needed more reasons to be jealous....

Jack Daw is a hard fit for Lazarus... he's not Tormented, he does not affect Willpower, and there are no other normally taken constructs to Assimilate.

How does the Friekorp model not fit in your Von Schill crew, now?

57 minutes ago, Davos said:

If your Jack daw list brings models close together (I'm thinking Montressor and such like) , then Lazarus is good at dealing damage to multiple models in a small area

But as others say he seems more natural with Vonschill for some friekorps and Levi for constructs. That saying, several other masters will make use of Levis constructs quite happily.

I find Strongarm Suit a much better 10ss model than Laz.  I'd rather be able to tank and deal damage than shoot and die.  Df 4 vs. Df 5 is huge for me.  I'm a massive fan of Augmented jump.

In my Levi lists my constructs are normally necro, peacekeeper, terra cotta, and A&D.

I was thinking that his blasts would go well with Montressor's cluster mechanic, but I still can't see if a Tormented Laz is stronger than a Tormented Strongarm Suit.  Or Hannah.  Or Sue. Or Bishop

Lazarus does work in Jack crews. You won't get much out of assimilate however if you take a Guilty, which you should because they are brilliant, you can make Laz tormented. This means that Jack can then move him around very happily and as long as Jack is near him at the start of his activation Writhing Torment should allow Laz to move to a position where he can shoot someone without using any AP.

It's got Armor +2 and 0 action no cast healing flip, if you also gave it a good Df too the price would have to go up or it would be obscene.

Also, have you been using Laz's "Mini-Me" best friend with him, Vanessa?

• Like 2

He can work with I pay Better henchmen, but otherwise his natural spots would be Von Schill with "Pull" or Iron Leveticus with Mechanical Toolkit.

In Jack you could combine him with Papa Loco for Hold This.

Without positives to damage he's not that scary, really.

4 hours ago, KID55 said:

Why?

I find he takes a lot of effort to keep alive, and if you over extend him (which is easy to do with the red mist!) he dies too fast, resulting in one turn of carnage on HtK and then he's gone. I like him, but he's a hair too fragile in my experience. He's not awful, not great either (in my eyes).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, apes-ma said:

I find he takes a lot of effort to keep alive, and if you over extend him (which is easy to do with the red mist!) he dies too fast, resulting in one turn of carnage on HtK and then he's gone. I like him, but he's a hair too fragile in my experience. He's not awful, not great either (in my eyes).

Hmm. I'm usually have Doc Mitchell near him. He heal Mad Dog and give him HtW on trigger if lucky. + he can prevent. In my last game Mad Dog 3 rounds was with Fiona Gage in engage. Pretty long. And in earlier game 2 rounds against Dead Rider

Within a Daw crew there is not really reliable healing, outside bringing a Librarian, which breaks down the overall synergy of the crew.  So Mad Dog can do some damage, and then drops, and spending stones on him means there are not stones open to keep Daw up

16 hours ago, Davos said:

Within a Daw crew there is not really reliable healing, outside bringing a Librarian, which breaks down the overall synergy of the crew.  So Mad Dog can do some damage, and then drops, and spending stones on him means there are not stones open to keep Daw up

You can bring a nurse which can heal to full health. Sometimes the trade for paralysed is worth it especially if you have some form a condition removal.