AlfaSonia

Atoli

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I feel like the counterplay is models that can punish sonnia for being that far up second activation, while not being so close to each other.  But when I sent this thread to my casual group they all responded "sounds npe" so I probably won't run it.

But are the models that can punish Sonnia for being the far up still going to be alive to do it or be able to cover enough ground to do it? It seems like you're almost bringing your own alpha crew and hoping that you can keep the key pieces from blowing up before you spring it. 

Does Guild have a way to get her out of harm's way after she attacks to limit the window for her being counter attacked? 

Ouch. Start blocking LoS between your own pieces? Ridiculous as it is to do that instead of between Sonnia and your guys, it is a lot easier to control. Not going to stop the avalanche of damage on single targets, but models that cannot see the original target of the attack do not take damage from blasts (digital rulebook pg. 58 in box on bottom of the page). On paper seems like a lot of difficult work for a little effect against a simple strategy so not much of a "counter play" in the end, but every little bit helps

6 hours ago, WWHSD said:

But are the models that can punish Sonnia for being the far up still going to be alive to do it or be able to cover enough ground to do it? It seems like you're almost bringing your own alpha crew and hoping that you can keep the key pieces from blowing up before you spring it. 

Does Guild have a way to get her out of harm's way after she attacks to limit the window for her being counter attacked? 

Look at the number of pushes in this list used to get her up there. You could companion and use some of the same pushes to get her to safety on turn 2.

On 07/02/2018 at 10:22 PM, Atoli said:

Activations:

1. student gives fast to sonia

companion on papa, hold this to sonia, place marker, push from investigator on sonia, walk

2. grimwel nimble forward, place marker for push for sonia, and his push on sonia 

sonia  activates from cherufes up about 10" from starting point has 4ap and + to dmg

The investigator's push is only once per activation. Unless I am mistaken, you can not use this ability twice unless you have 2 investigators.

3 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

The investigator's push is only once per activation. Unless I am mistaken, you can not use this ability twice unless you have 2 investigators.

Once per activation means you can do it once per each activation. So Loco can push by placing a marker (Loco`s activation) then Grimwell can push by placing a marker  (Grimwells activation)

1 hour ago, le_wahou said:

Once per model activating, not once per turn. The "counter" resets as soon as you activate a new model.

9 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Are you saying big rube Goldberg machines are bad? Don't break my heart here

Hey, it's me you are talking to here! Of course I'm not saying that but in the list I copy-pasted on the first page of this I think every model except the watcher will actively interact with Sonnia to push or buff her so I think that qualifies.

• Like 1