Doc Swampmourning

Ludvig

Look @ElPuto:I did a topic! 

McTavish with a debt to the guild seems to combo nicely with McMourning's push + marker and hiring a couple of swamp fiends to help him aim. If necessary you could also make him precise. Not sure if there's enough synergy to build an entire list but it sounds like a decent flank. :)

I played McMoourning in guild without guild models today. :D 

Rattler, Myranda, Cojo, Necromancy, Sebastian, Chihuahua, and a nurse. It was a really weird game of ply against Yan Lo. 

I might go with Boars for the deployment and eat your fill ability but Waldgeists are always solid in my experience and have the beast tag weirdly enough. In one of the more forgiving deployment types I think geists will outshine boars since you have greater control over their ap and huge engagements. Since McMourning can push and give him a marker with his (0) you will have decent mobility and ignoring armour is nice if you are spamming shots. This is more along the lines of silly than an attempt to win a tournament though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I played McMoourning in guild without guild models today. :D 

Rattler, Myranda, Cojo, Necromancy, Sebastian, Chihuahua, and a nurse. It was a really weird game of ply against Yan Lo. 

I might go with Boars for the deployment and eat your fill ability but Waldgeists are always solid in my experience and have the beast tag weirdly enough. In one of the more forgiving deployment types I think geists will outshine boars since you have greater control over their ap and huge engagements. Since McMourning can push and give him a marker with his (0) you will have decent mobility and ignoring armour is nice if you are spamming shots. This is more along the lines of silly than an attempt to win a tournament though.

Ok, my bad. Was trying to find a Minion both Beast and Swampfiend, but here they are! Waldgeists seem pretty good, you're right!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ElPuto said:

Ok, my bad. Was trying to find a Minion both Beast and Swampfiend, but here they are! Waldgeists seem pretty good, you're right!

They usually don't kill stuff if the opponent is really keeping it alive but they have run great interference for me with several neverborn masters and if McTavish is so filthy in guild as people keep saying I don't see why I shouldn't combine the two. I have painted him but still not put him on the table which is a great oversight on my part, he had time to get errata before I used him just because I can't get my swamp basing straight. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PolishSausage said:

The only cool thing I seen so far is hiring 4 guild hounds with "moonlighting upgrade" poisoning them all and turning them into canine remains T1

Is it even worth the ap to not just start the canines? Who is doing the damage and poison to them?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PolishSausage said:

Rafkin can blast and poison them all

also taking moonlighting allows for guild guards to be turned into dogs

Rafkin only blasts for one point and poison only ticks for one so even if you attack and cheat to blast them all twice they won't die until the upkeep turn one and only if you let their death position dictate wherecMourning is. You will also have slow canines turn 2. Not sure it's worth all the trouble and loss of tempo?

• Like 1