the most "dirty" summoner

green-n-dumb

Hello!
Playing Malifaux for some time and i have a qusetion - what is the best summoner in the game in terms of gaining VP and killing people.
I'm playing gremlins and my favourite master is Somer. My problem that im keeping summoning until turn 3-4 while im not getting out f bayou gremlins models + picking taxidermist for some stuffed piglets.
Realy enjoying to have 15-20 activations against elite 7-8 man crews :D

So can you advice natural-born summoners who are hell for the opponents? And how much stuff do they need to start running.
The most obvious idea is Nicodem but i never seen him/other summoners in action.

I would go Ramos, you are potentially gaining 3 extra activation's for 1 AP.  You just need scrap to get it going.

But in your terms of gaining Vp and killing, the answer will change from game to game. Its hard to actually gain VP by summoning, although Molly and Kirai can potentially arrange for scheme markers to drop when they summon. What you summoned could gain VP, but how you are planning on earning the VP changes the answer. 

21 hours ago, PolishSausage said:

Nico:

Assura rotten + my little helper + Corpse bloat = 3 corpses

Emmissary 1 corps

Mortimer 1 corpse or 2 if you take student of conflict

Muahaha and on you go

That's a 37 stone investment! I don't think that's realistically going to happen. 

On 5.02.2018 at 12:18 AM, green-n-dumb said:

So can you advice natural-born summoners who are hell for the opponents? And how much stuff do they need to start running.

It depends what do you mean by saying "natural-born summoners". If you mean "a master whose primary focus is summoning models", then I'd say that Nico, followed by Kirai are best summoners in the game, thanks to incredible card engine they can get from taking, for instance, Phillip or Anna plus each one of them have their own ways of drawing extra cards. However, if you mean "a master that has summoning as part of their mechanics", then I'd say that Sandeep or Hamelin are best sumkoners in game, despite a fact, that summoning is their secondary or even tertiary focus, as both of them prefer to either position themselves in good spot so they can give free actions to friendly models, push/move enemy guys or nuke opponent with good (arcane storm) or great (bleeding disease) attack.

The summoner who causes the most issues for me is McMourning as he summons by killing your models. Therefore not only are you losing a model he is gaining one at the same time. Out side of McMourning the worst to play against is probably Ramos due to the lack of investment he requires to summon. He only needs a scrap marker, soul stone and a 1 AP action to get three models out a turn. Due to the low summoning cost he can then usually hire several big beatstick models to murder your crew with and the masses of spiders means he will have activation control as well.

3 minutes ago, katadder said:

amongst the top Nico players it does happen. plus philip and the nanny. 
they build a summoning engine from their hires then summon whatever they need to complete the task.

Not to start an off topic diatribe, but even Jamie Varney doesn't put that much in the "engine". At least some belles, a Doxie, maybe Anna, and Archie usually show up, and no Emissary either. If you pay that many stones for corpse marker generation, it would take you at least two turns to summon that many stones in. Might as well just hire it at that point.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, Saduhem said:

Not to start an off topic diatribe, but even Jamie Varney doesn't put that much in the "engine". At least some belles, a Doxie, maybe Anna, and Archie usually show up, and no Emissary either.

This is untrue. Jamie's masters list (and possibly nationals) was entirely a summoning engine. He starts with no beaters or scheme runners on the table - purely an engine, And he smashed face with it. The one game he changed it in nationals and masters was the final of masters, where he swapped from the summoning engine to hiring belles, and he lost that game.

Nicodem is easily the best summoner in the game played correctly. Not unbeatable though,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hollingydale said:

This is untrue. Jamie's masters list (and possibly nationals) was entirely a summoning engine. He starts with no beaters or scheme runners on the table - purely an engine, And he smashed face with it. The one game he changed it in nationals and masters was the final of masters, where he swapped from the summoning engine to hiring belles, and he lost that game.

Nicodem is easily the best summoner in the game played correctly. Not unbeatable though,

I only knew last year's list. I remember that one running belles and Archie. My bad. But I also think he took the title home with that too.

The comment I replied to also described nothing but corpse marker generation. I wouldn't leave home without Philip and the nanny and someone to feed her markers. And I don't think hiring the Carrion Emissary or the student of conflict is ideal either, as Polish Sausage suggests.

I'm not sure that hiring belles was the cause of the loss this year but hey, I wasn't there. If Jamie says that going all in with the engine is the way to go, I don't have much weight to put on the other scale.