[Campaign report] Cojo's big show

Ludvig

This is a campaign report that I will keep updating. We start play tomorrow and I will try to give a quick report and continue the story after each week. You should find an image of my crew attached to this post. I haven't had an opportunity to matte varnish all the models which has prevented me from flocking their bases. Myranda is starting with the extra hand size upgrade.

Hope you'll enjoy!

That’s good Cojo, just a liiittle higher! Cassandra was shouting despite standing very close to the big ape. Myranda observed the spectacle from a tall tree. She had just returned from a scouting flight of the swampland ahead. She shrugged to shake the sensation of the feathers she had worn a few seconds earlier and adjusted herself to her human form again.
She dropped to the ground. Cojo looked pleadingly towards her and she smiled warmly toward him. Hey Ange - how about giving him a little break? Angelica’s head snapped around. Oh hey Myranda, didn’t see you there! she shouted. Cojo looked thankful and rolled down from his handstand. How is the act coming along? Myranda asked. Just great! He’s a very quick learner! Answered Angelica. Thanks again for letting me tag along! Myranda sighed. As if it was my decision, she thought. “No problem!” she answered cheerily. She tossed Cojo a few small rodents she had brought back. “Be a dear and cook those for us, would you.” Cojo loped away and started preparing the meal.
We should be there in a day or two, she told Angelica. Then you can meet whoever it is you are meeting in that wretched place...

Campaign start.JPG

• Like 6

WEEK 1

Cojo had been lugging the stupid baggage cart along for hours! It wasn’t fair that he should be the one to always do that job. He knew damn well that Myranda could have turned into a number of different pack beasts, yet somehow it was aaaalways Cojo who drew the short straw. He was sick of it! When nearing their destination they finally met some friendly people! Cojo would get to perform his newly learned dance! He loped forward and put on his finest dance performance! 

There may have been the occasional squirt to mark his territory but all in all the spectators seemed eager to keep looking at his performance, thought Cojo to himself. They did have a funny way of showing it though. The man in the turban was sort of sidling away but Cojo helpfully held him in place and swung him around. The largest of the samurai was helping out by enthusiastically waving his stick for Cojo to dance around only he was sort of clumsy and ended up hitting several times. Myranda was staring dumbstruck at the motley bunch obviously trying to hurt the big gorilla but decided she didn’t have the heart to spoil his fun. After all they had made good progress today and by making it into a dance performance Cojo was attracting the attention of other bystanders and defusing the situation. The big lug had been so proud of the performance he put on the night before and she figured that as long as he wasn’t waving her around she could indulge him. She hid out behind an old statue to offer some emotional support while also avoiding the most visceral parts of the show.

The poor moleman Moody went to talk to the mysterious stranger standing nearby the spot where Cojo was doing his performance. He was hit hard on the head by one of the mean samurai and it took an emotional toll. He would carry the emotional baggage of the unexpected bop on the head for the weeks to come and had a feeling this trip was not going to be a good one.

The first game was supply wagons with a mysterious stranger as the weekly event. I took hold up their forces which Cojo who did so splendidly by engaging Sidir and Ototo while mostly marking territory and going defensive since I had little reason to kill anything. He also got the supply wagon up the board to score that for me so definitely the ape of the hour tonight. Myranda was hiding out to not screw up hold their forces and offered her defense buff and healing to Cojo but thanks to a coupe of ridiculous hands for me and pretty uninspiring hands for my opponent Cojo laster very well. I tried to chat the stranger up with my moleman but the opposing samurai ignoring armour made short work of him and my opponent got 4 scrip out of the stranger so despite me winning with 10VP to my opponents 4 we made exactly the same amount of scrip. My moleman died early and got emotional baggage so he will now give the opponent a marker for killing him, kind of like a reverse finish the job. My rattler snaked around behind some terrain and scored breakthrough. Got a jetpack offered and got it instantly since it seemed amazing! Cojo's next performance will be one of daring aeronautics!

• Like 3