Enter the Quarantine zone 50ss - March 4th - Wayland games Hockley

Insomniakwulf

Hey guys I am running a tournament on Sunday the 4th of march at Wayland games in Hockley.

Tickets will cost £7.50 and prize support will be based on the number of attendees.

It will be 50ss fixed faction, 3 rounds and starts and schemes will be according to gg18 

Hot food is available from the venue as well as a large selection of drinks including a fully licenced bar. 

There is a train station a 2 minute walk away and there is plenty of parking available on site 

• Wayland Games Limited
  • 17-19 Eldon Way
  • Hockley
  • Essex
  • SS5 4AD
  • United Kingdom

Time table for the day

Round 1: 10.30-12.45

Close deployment - Public execution

Eliminate the leadership, Dig their graves, Inescapable trap, Show of force, Public Demonstration

Round 2: 13.15-15.30

Standard deployment- Ply for imformation

Surround them, Hold up their forces, Take prisoner, Recover evidence, Vendetta.

Round 3: 16.00-18.15

Corner- Ours

Gaurded treasure, Covert breakthrough, Set up, Undercover entourage, Inescapable trap

Prizes: 18.30

To pay for you tickets please make payment through paypal to Reicevapes@gmail.com via friends and family or you can pay on the day.

Attendees

1. Reice Chaudhry

2. James Trevallion

3. James Culverhouse

4. James Culverhouse +1

5. James Culverhouse +2

6. Troy Ashdown 

7. Andrew Humphries

8. Dan Sullivan

9. Mark Elwood, 

10. Richard Bream

Looking forward to seeing as many people there as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2018 at 5:54 PM, fanteegi said:

This event is being run through Wayland games so the chances of getting an attendance list are slim to none.

Since I left there are no staff really able to get the lists as nobody has the time to extrapolate the data.

Thanks for updating this for me buddy had a lot going on lately

On 15/02/2018 at 1:01 PM, M_Ruckuss said:

Hi- is there a list of attendees for this please...?

The list of attendees is as up to date as I can make it, there may well be more people that are attending that I don't know of as of yet.

On 16/02/2018 at 8:08 PM, M_Ruckuss said:

Cheers mate. Just want to know numbers so can book the time with SWMBO

There is currently 7 people that will be attending but there could easily be more that I don't know of. Due to tickets being bought through the shop or people paying on the day 

Right, I have had time to mull this over and think about today's goings on.

Firstly, I have to say that I for one am not happy about the TO playing in the event as a competitive player. It bypasses the tournament etiquette that I have come to know and love. While there is no ruling on it I feel it is unfair for the players that have paid their money to play. If an odd number of players are present, a ringer is used or a bye is awarded to the bottom player. If the ringer is the TO, they use a non competitive list. That is what I have seen in my 2.5 years on this scene.

Now, some of you may disagree with me and that is fine. You're welcome to your opinions.

The fact that Reice won today is great for him. But I thought I had a bye, realising this was not the case got my back up. But enough about that..

In my opinion, the call outs were too few, or inaudible (sorry gems). Meaning I didn' know how long was left in each game.

The 30 min break and extra 15 mins on round time was also not needed. Gg18 specifies 2 hour rounds. This includes your crew and scheme selection, as well as your game time.

I have to say these things so that Reice can develope further as a TO. Otherwise had a good day.

Peace

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fanteegi said:

Firstly, I have to say that I for one am not happy about the TO playing in the event as a competitive player. It bypasses the tournament etiquette that I have come to know and love. While there is no ruling on it I feel it is unfair for the players that have paid their money to play. If an odd number of players are present, a ringer is used or a bye is awarded to the bottom player. If the ringer is the TO, they use a non competitive list. That is what I have seen in my 2.5 years on this scene.

Hi troy,

I will reply to most of this on here and some via private msg

I wasn't aware beforehand that it was frowned upon to play in my event, and it is not something that I intend to repeat, after seeing that it disgruntled a few people. Also another point on this case is that Enter the Quarantine zone was actually a tournament organised by wayland games that I ran for them.small difference but more on that point in my pm to you. 

The fact that Reice won today is great for him. But I thought I had a bye, realising this was not the case got my back up. But enough about that..

I apologise for this as I thought people were aware I was actively participating from the post above as I had myself listed as a player even when doing so would make the numbers uneven.

I would like to add though that although I did take part as a competitive player I did not include myself in eligibility for the prize pool.

In my opinion, the call outs were too few, or inaudible (sorry gems). Meaning I didn' know how long was left in each game.

Call outs were made fairly regularly and gems was normally telling me and I was calling them out myself, however the other group of players were making quite a bit of noise.

The 30 min break and extra 15 mins on round time was also not needed. Gg18 specifies 2 hour rounds. This includes your crew and scheme selection, as well as your game time.

The extra 15 minutes per round falls down to the timetable that wayland already had for the day so did the 30 mins between each round. Also 2 hours is the suggested time for 50 ss there is no fixed time frame for rounds in gg18. But I found that some of the newer players were using all if the time provided. I do fully intend to have all rounds in future at 2 hours with lesser gaps between games, excluding lunch.

I have to say these things so that Reice can develope further as a TO. Otherwise had a good day.

I appreciate your honest feed back and I am sincerely apologetic for behaving in a manner that was perceived as bad taste and I am glad that you mostly enjoyed your day

I have pmd you via fb with some more details regarding money which I would rather not air here.

I would also like to add that this was the first tournament that I have organised and would like to apologise to anyone that thought my participation was in bad taste. I will admit that mistakes were made and I do not intend to repeat them, and I hope that thus will not put people off of coming to my events in the future.

Just want everyone to know that whilst it seems like I am having a massive whine, I am just letting Reice and Gems know my opinion on the days runnings.

I have expectations from events, especially as I have been to so many. I forget that this is Reice first try so my level was probably set a bit high to start with.

Reice, you will do well as a TO. I was probably just blowing things out of proportion.