Parker playable?

Seadhna

16 minutes ago, nunorod said:

Do you think tehre are better upgrades for specific strategies and schemes? Or do you start with what ticks your particular taste?

What upgrades would you advise for parker, mad dog and emissary to start playing Parker? (learning curve) 

on Parker it's always Black Market and Stick Up. There's some argument for starting with Highwayman if you're using the Obedient Wretch summon, but it's very susceptible to a BJ on Five Finger Discount (happens to me at least once every tournament). The third upgrade depends on your preference, I like Oath Keeper for some insurance against a Turn 1 BJ on Five Finger (keeps your engine going Turn 2), some like Survivalist, some like Traveler's Stone to make Parker tankier.

Mad Dog is always Poncho and Oath Keeper

Emissary is Stolen Goods, no real competition there

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, nunorod said:

What about Parkers, shooting cover markers? And mad dogs crate of Dynamite?

Hail of Bullets (the cover one) is ok if you're going in to Guild or Gremlins, and they have a shooty crew.  Unfortunately, with lures as prevalent as they are in my meta, I end up getting pulled into my own hail of bullet markers enough that I've stopped relying on that action for cover.  It is good for the trigger on Hands in the Air if your opponent is card hungry though.

Crate of dynamite is situational for me.  The cost of a stone every time to keep it is just too high on Mad Dog, and for Parker I've got easier ways to remove scheme markers.  I don't rely on the Dynamite damage because it's a simple duel- your opponent will cheat to pass it for their important models.  It is useful if you need ranged scheme marker removal (ie breakthrough).

5 minutes ago, Diceman87 said:

Hail of Bullets (the cover one) is ok if you're going in to Guild or Gremlins, and they have a shooty crew.  Unfortunately, with lures as prevalent as they are in my meta, I end up getting pulled into my own hail of bullet markers enough that I've stopped relying on that action for cover.  It is good for the trigger on Hands in the Air if your opponent is card hungry though.

Crate of dynamite is situational for me.  The cost of a stone every time to keep it is just too high on Mad Dog, and for Parker I've got easier ways to remove scheme markers.  I don't rely on the Dynamite damage because it's a simple duel- your opponent will cheat to pass it for their important models.  It is useful if you need ranged scheme marker removal (ie breakthrough).

Hmmm ok I see. Good reasoning.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Wurz_7 said:

can you link it?

To summarize:

Parker's ability Limited Supplies provides a soulstone when you discard an upgrade.  The Ability this Looks Valuable from the Black Market upgrade gives you another if you can remove an enemy scheme marker.

The third possible one comes from the Attack action Stick Up on the upgrade of the same name.  

You're far more likely to get the first two stones (you can control for them with self-discarding upgrades and the ability to drop enemy scheme markers) but the third is risky.  That said, most players will likely give you the stone to avoid taking 4 damage - and if they take the damage?  4 damage is nothing to sneeze at and worth the stone.

Does that help?

• Thanks 1