Mortimer in Non-Summoning Crews

PositronMike

I am looking at starting Ressers however I want to stay away from the traditional Nico, Kirai, Molly summoning crews and play around with the other masters. Having looked through the books a model that is very intriguing is Mortimer mainly due to his chatty bubble and his ML7 attack. When playing against Ressers I have only seen Mortimer taken as part of a summoning engine and usually with Corpse Bloat and My Little Helper on him.

So my question is does he do enough outside of these crews to warrant selection? If you do take him outside of a summoning crew what upgrades do you tend to put on him?

• Like 1

I prefer the chatty on Mortimer as you don't need to activate him to turn it on unlike Philip. However if he just doesn't work outside summoning crews then the chatty wont make me take him.

I was thinking of using him with Reva and McMorning as they are the two masters that interest me the most. His ability to put poison at range is nice for the good doctor but I am not sure his corpse generation helps Reva as he is relatively static when creating them. 

• Like 1

His passive Chatty aura can be his selling point in GG18 due to Strats that require Interacting, but I haven't tried him yet for that purpose. But even then, I don't think he is any good with Reva or McM. I would like to try him with Molly and Tara, cause they can benefit from fresh meat and Tara has another no-interact Aura.

The best use ive found for Mortimer outside a Nico list is what was talked about during the wave 2 open playtest and what Jamie Varney discussed at length in his Schemes and Stones Interview. Using Mortimer and a Crooligan, or any other undead that can deploy via from the shadows, to use fresh meat to give the entire undead portion of the crew aggressive movement forward.

• Like 2