Ht cover and gemlins

Jrp1000

Question

Hi,

my gremlins are mostly ht 1. We use some barrels and crates as ht 1 soft cover. If my gremlin is behind the crate getting shot at can they see me if I am height 1. I think from my understanding of the rules if the model shooting me is height 2 they can see me and I can also see them so we can both shoot at each other. If their model was ht 1 on the other side of the cover we both could not see each other. Is that about right?

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Jrp1000 said:

Hi,

my gremlins are mostly ht 1. We use some barrels and crates as ht 1 soft cover. If my gremlin is behind the crate getting shot at can they see me if I am height 1. I think from my understanding of the rules if the model shooting me is height 2 they can see me and I can also see them so we can both shoot at each other. If their model was ht 1 on the other side of the cover we both could not see each other. Is that about right?

I think you're making a mistake of presuming that everything is Blocking by default.

The terrain description "Ht 1 soft cover" doesn't include the word "Blocking" so it doesn't block line of sight at all.  You can get cover from things that do not block line of sight.

Any two models on opposite sides of terrain that is not blocking can see each other.  

If you make those barrels and crates "Ht 1 blocking soft cover" then they work the way you think they do.

• Like 1