Som'er "Do It Like Dis!" & Stuffed Piglets

Bazlord_Prime

Was just listening to the latest podcast from the Critical Twits (http://criticaltwits.com/malifaux-troubleshooters-3-first-gg2018-tournament-podcast-94/)

Anyway, they're talking about a recent tournament that they attended, and one of their opponents was fielding Som'er. The host was saying that the Gremlin player used "Do It Like Dis!" to put up an aura (he said :ram but I'm pretty sure he meant :crow), to allow his Stuffed Piglets to use that suit on their Bacon Bomb actions for a guaranteed 4 Dmg :pulse each time.

Is that legit?

Re-reading the two Actions, Do It Like Dis! says:

"...add the suit of the discarded card to all duel totals", so that's duels.

Bacon Bomb says:

"Flip a card that may not be cheated...", so that's not a duel. It's just a flip. Right?

8 minutes ago, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

I thought flips were considered simple duels, or is that just when there is a tn?

All duels are flips but far from all flips are duels. I think that unless it says it's a duel it isn't basically. Except for standardly formulated actions which have simplr or opposed duels with a Tn and/or a resist stat.

The concept of duel is very well defined in the basic rulebook. I don't know the page, but the explanation is something along the lines of: if you're flipping against a certain value, its a duel. Simple duels are flips against a TN, while opposed duels are flips that are against another flip (usually from the opposing player)

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1