Monday Preview - The Undying

Nef

14 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

As a reminder to all who maybe haven't seen it (or have forgotten about it), there's pics of the Graveyard Golem and Whiskey Gamin here:

What looks to be a whisky Gamin in the pics looks adorable, looking forward to seeing what they are. The Wanyudo is also shown there, cant say i like it though.

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

The grave Golem in that pic seems to be pre-assembled. I could be wrong though if we just can't see the connection points on that angle. 

That’s just the prototype sculpt I think cos of the orange colour - so the actual one could be either. I hope they’re the usual HIPS, not PVC. 

• Like 1

On 6.2.2018 at 3:35 PM, the tick said:

All I see is a note that says "Posted by Wyrd Games on Tuesday........"

Was this supposed to be a katashiro picture? Sounds like origami oni?!

This is all I see, too. 

Edit: Solved it, I told Ghostery to trust this website, then I could see it. So if you use Ghostery, do that, otherwise check any other addblockers you may be using. 

14 hours ago, Skylifter-1000 said:

This is all I see, too. 

Edit: Solved it, I told Ghostery to trust this website, then I could see it. So if you use Ghostery, do that, otherwise check any other addblockers you may be using. 

Thanks for the tip, I use Ghostery as well, but it didn't work for me. Tried all my other addblockers as well and no-dice. I'll just have to wait for the real thing to see what they look like *le sigh*.

Here's my speculation of Wyrd's reference for Manos the Risen.

Notice the curly pattern on his hat, and the spikey top?

it takes a Thai guy to recognise an ancient Thai (Siamese) Warrior's hat.

I reckon these are design queues taken from medieval Thai  or Burmese warrior uniforms 

see the Naresuan films for reference

Manos is also a potential spin on a common Thai name in that time. มานัส  or มานพ  are common male names which are pronounced manus or manop respectiely.

Regardless of whether I'm even vaguely right on this or not, i'm still glad that Wyrd has gone all out to represent every culture possible and absolutely love them for it.

(We've got roughly 100 malifaux players in 4-5 gaming shops across Bangkok, come find us if you drop by!) 

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nickienogger said:

Regardless of whether I'm even vaguely right on this or not, i'm still glad that Wyrd has gone all out to represent every culture possible and absolutely love them for it.

I would love them if their spanish necromancers from wave 5 didn't look like mexicans celebrating dia de los muertos dressed with bullfighter suits. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Zebo said:

I would love them if their spanish necromancers from wave 5 didn't look like mexicans celebrating dia de los muertos dressed with bullfighter suits. 

I feel you on this.

Manos has the helmet, and his 'lantern' is somewhat an ancient container for ceremonial purposes .... but is used upside down. 

And his big necklace, spear, and uniform makes him look like a mish-mash of shaolin monk and ninja with Thai warrior. 

For the local culture's perspective things might seem abit  about of place - but for the rest of the world, the design really clicks and appeals to audience of Wyrd.

I actually absolutely adore the Demador de cadavres design very much. I want them to look like mexicans celebrating dia de los muertos dressed with bullfighter suits. - might appear naive of me coming from a different culture - but it works for me - and probably appeals to the crowd.    same can be said for Mr. Manos as well. 

I'm really curious about how the Resser models are linked together. On the 10T side, you've got Minako, who makes the Katashiro and the Wanyudo (guessing from the TTB book entry)  is the tortured head of some poor evil sod (possibles a member of the evil sorcerer club that turned Manos). 

But what about the Ressers? You got a non-Asain (but loves to Cosplay)  corrupted, traitor Assassin from the Order of Balance. How does he connect to the mourners with their Victorian aesthetic and the Grave Golem? 

3 hours ago, Daysleeper said:

The February Newsletter doesn't list the box (but lists the Backdraft Box for apri).

I was realy looking forward for this release in march :(

I’m thinking this too... The newsletter doesn’t list it either. Weird (Wyrd?) that it’d be the Monday Preview, then not be released and the Backdraft encounter box released before it. I’ve seen the distributors listing March too. Maybe it’s just a mistake and missed off the March release list. 

Any word @Aaron? It’s confusing peoples.