Monthly painting challenge - February

Franchute

20 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

it can't be mid month yet...

It is even 3/4 of the month :)

@Kogan Style is your rat queen finished? If so, can you please tell us how many soulstones you have accomplished so far?

By the way any news from @Icarius, @prof_bycid, @misterfinn, @MunkyMuddFace@Monkeyfist@Scatterbrain, @tjgreenway, @iamfanboy, @Stonewall78, @Phinn, @Hound Grey, @Chou, @wizuriel, @PetitDalek, @Boomstick, @Rikk?

• Like 1

I am working on my Stitched Together, but unfortunately I kind of already know that I will not be able to finish it in time and will have to use my first mulligan. I am currently working on my thesis and have a lot of school related stuff as such.

I probably could finish it in time, but... I am doing some freehand on the model and have few more ideas :)
Monthly Painting Challenge works as intended though :) I am painting almost everyday and, which is the most important, feel motivated to paint and try new things :)

• Like 5

@RustAndTheCity - NMM on this fragile sculpt is an endeavor in itself, and you're doing an amazing job there

@Piccio - love the different shades you've used, they really do bring them to life

@Joachim - great dirty look on them, also the basing makes them look even more dynamic

@Franchute - superb nmm on the blade, really impressive stuff

Here's Anna for 9 extra ss, bringing me to a total of 34 soulstones for February. I probably won't paint anything more this month but I may start assembling minis for March :) As always, more pics on my blog: http://www.whatthefaux.net/2018/02/anna-lovelace.html

ana.jpg

• Like 7

@Franchute Thankyou...yes I am trying to use the same tones on Mr Graves as the Stitched Togethers so that when I eventually get a full Neverborn crew painted up there should be an overall similar feel to them without the bases having to match up ..that's the plan at least...I would have said the trousers required a patience almost beyond my capacity...but then I saw the amazing NMM that @RustAndTheCity produced for his Iron Skeeter and realised I had better just get painting😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

@Franchute Thankyou...yes I am trying to use the same tones on Mr Graves as the Stitched Togethers so that when I eventually get a full Neverborn crew painted up there should be an overall similar feel to them without the bases having to match up ..that's the plan at least...I would have said the trousers required a patience almost beyond my capacity...but then I saw the amazing NMM that @RustAndTheCity produced for his Iron Skeeter and realised I had better just get painting😉

I was putting off the Iron skeeter for a while because I couldn't face how tedious the NMM would be. The skeeter itself is finally done and I actually enjoyed it a lot. 

@Burnin' CoalI really like Mr Graves. Tartan like that can be quite tough. Yours looks very nice and uniform. I especially like the purple tone to his skin and the soft highlighting on his shirt.

@Purple Mist I like lillith's scibor base :-).

@Kogan Style they look great. I've played against the midnight stalker a few times. He's a real pain.

@misterfinn very smooth highlights on the nothing beast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RustAndTheCity said:

I was putting off the Iron skeeter for a while because I couldn't face how tedious the NMM would be. The skeeter itself is finally done and I actually enjoyed it a lot. ....

@Burnin' CoalI really like Mr Graves. Tartan like that can be quite tough...

@RustAndTheCity Thankyou for the kind words....I know I took a pretty deep breath before starting on the pattern...it was like deciding to go on a forty mile cycle ride then by halfway kind of wondering  "why exactly am I doing this ?"....like yourself by the end I was enjoying it....but I'm also quite glad he hasn't got a twin brother😉 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

@RustAndTheCity Thankyou for the kind words....I know I took a pretty deep breath before starting on the pattern...it was like deciding to go on a forty mile cycle ride then by halfway kind of wondering  "why exactly am I doing this ?"....like yourself by the end I was enjoying it....but I'm also quite glad he hasn't got a twin brother😉 

There are two more iron Skeeters. Not sure if I can face painting another one! They took so long to assemble that I didn't even assemble the third one yet.

• Like 1

No more time for me to paint more this month with work so basecoated my models for next month to get a head starts on it as I'm taking a week off for holiday's next month. Models for next month are three ice gamin, snow storm, blessed of December and the ice golem.

Good work everyone for their awesome efforts this month. Super impressive models coming through from everyone has been inspiring and helped me stay focused to get more models table ready. See you all next month

28 minutes ago, Purple Mist said:

I agree the base is better than the model......

@Purple Mist Sorry...I know it's your model but I don't agree...for me the colors you chose for both Lillith and the base work together really well...for me it was "oh wow - I would never have thought of that"

4 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

Sorry...I know it's your model but I don't agree...for me the colors you chose for both Lillith and the base work together really well...for me it was "oh wow - I would never have thought of that"

It's all ok!

My models are often overworked in the effort to correct mistakes. Base painting is more direct and more clean. Malifaux models have lots of details while bases are more flat and more easy to paint.