Lucius Limited

Masquer

I was pleased that Lucius finally got his first Limited upgrade with Broken Promises. Deep Pockets solves some issues I've had, and I love that Lucius specializes in hand control.

Now, if you had to choose a playstyle for Lucius' next Limited upgrade, what would it be?

Personally, and you probably saw this coming, I'd give him something that gave a boost to Mimics, like free backstabs for everyone! (i.e. +1 damage for dealing damage to a model that's already activated) Or no cheating on Manipulative Wp duels.

• Like 1

The no cheating thing on manipulative sounds pretty opressing but I guess it might not be worse than most other masters. Both insidious madnesses and Tannen already has abilities somewhat similar to that with their discards.

I like the idea of boosting mimics further. Maybe something like making manipulative models keep manipulaive after they activated. Somehow boosting any attack in the crew if the target is near a scheme marker perhaps? On his keyword models like guardsmen and mimics.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Buffing Manipulative could be rough. It’s already 3 checks on a charge.

I think you’d need it to be something that has some sort of cost and not just an always on aura.

Only two checks ;) Charge itself is a tactical action, and Manipulative protects against attack actions only.

• Like 1

Plenty of other models have auto auras. You would be paying soulstones for it and greatly restricting your crew to get the best effect. It's also pretty easily countered by being ruthless and the like or using blasts. There's only a handful of manipulative mimics.

56 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Plenty of other models have auto auras. You would be paying soulstones for it and greatly restricting your crew to get the best effect. It's also pretty easily countered by being ruthless and the like or using blasts. There's only a handful of manipulative mimics.

I thought that it was something most mimics had. Apparently that’s not the case. It might not be as big a deal as I’m imagining that it would be. It just seems like not being able to cheat on something like a Manipulative or Terror check is unfun enough to play against that it should have at least some sort of opportunity cost to invoke.

Having Ruthless as a counter isn’t much of one. There’s at least one faction (Arcanists) that don’t have any in-faction models with ruthless. I think that Hans is the only model with Ruthless that Arcanists can hire (including the different masters’ extended hiring pools).

Candy, Tannen, doppelgänger and changelings are manipulatice mimics. Tannen can already get that ability through Graves hitting someone. I could see how a changelibg spam could be pretty unenjoyable to face but apart from that it shouldn't be a problem. I agree that making them uncheatable is pretty bad I thought you were against my proposal that it would stay up after they activated.

Arcanists serm to be top filth doing extremely well in tournaments and Lucius barely sees tabletime in tournaments so if it hits them harder I wouldn't see it as a massive problem, especially given the limited selection of models affected. Ramos could still detonate constructs and skip any targeting duel, Raspy can attack her own armoured models and do more damage to enemies than them, Kaeris could do some tricks with her halo upgrade and accelerant. Sandeep is just rude so he can eat it. :D

• Like 1

Since we have minion control as Primary

then we have Hand Control as a Secondary

perhaps something to give out a Mimic tag? Like a perfect "clone" of any other character. So i.e. Nekima is now Mimic for the purposes of Lucius buffs? More elitey, CAN be killy but not necessarily and gives him one special target of your choice. In fluff it's not really that character, just a perfect copy ;D

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SAYNE said:

I wish he had more upgrade support for that.

27 minutes ago, SAYNE said:

perhaps something to give out a Mimic tag? Like a perfect "clone" of any other character. So i.e. Nekima is now Mimic for the purposes of Lucius buffs? More elitey, CAN be killy but not necessarily and gives him one special target of your choice. In fluff it's not really that character, just a perfect copy ;D

That's not a bad idea. I'd love to give Mimic to Wrath, for example.

On 03/02/2018 at 11:19 AM, Masquer said:
On 03/02/2018 at 10:48 AM, SAYNE said:

I wish he had more upgrade support for that.

I just wish we had more mimic minions especially som of those mentioned in the fluff who took out would be assassins.

Fluffy minions that actually go with the masters abilities....thats part of why i started playing the game so yes please.

As for upgrades id love a neverborn only one to match watch my back, ideally Lucius or Mimic rare one friendly mimics in los gain accomplice?

Limited Lucius neverborn/guild

Scapegoat performance.

Never the one at fault.

Each turn after drawing a hand and burning soulstones this crew may sacrifice one mimic and one soul stone to discard its hand and redraw.

Note this also ties in with mimics blessing much like the myranada bs but with extra fluff points.

On 2018-02-02 at 11:22 PM, SAYNE said:

Yeah, It's powerful enough to warrant it to be Limited I think. Do you want to control a stronger character? or would you want a superior hand? Both have their styles.

Is it really powerul enough to warrant limited? Collodi's upgrade to let any puppet inclusing itself take damage to gain fast is a normal upgrade. Just saying. :)