-oath keeper 1ss

Hodgepodge emmissary 10ss

-conflux of stolen goods

Bandido 5ss

Bandido 5ss

Dead outlaw 6ss

Prospecter 6ss

Strat: Ours

Schemes: guarded treasure, hold their forces, set up, take one for the team, public demonstration

Chose mah along with alot of models who could push enemies around. Scored full points from strat thanks to being able to push his guys into the center whenever they tried to leave. Gremlin crier also made Parker not count toward strat for two turns which was awesome. His bandidos and dead outlaws we're able to score full points for public demonstration on mah end of turn 3 but may and first mate together we're able to team up to set up full points on the emmissary. Highlights of the game we're first mate following emmissary and eating his scheme markers for armor 6 by end of game, Trixie slowing three models in a turn, denying them from getting into the corner they needed to score, and mah/first mate being able to jump into my opponents crew at last chance to score hold up their forces. Trixie also was able to push mad dog brackett off the board start of turn 2 (home rule being that you can count as running if you're pushed off while already base contact with edge).

End score: gremlins 9, Outcasts 4

He wasn't able to score take one for the team because I ignored doc Mitchell the entire game. The only change I would make to the crew is giving Mah pit traps instead of dirty cheater; it would have been great to have some in the center to cause his models to gain slow while also not scoring strat.

Today I played my first official Gremlins game

I played:

Zipp: Gift of Gab, Dread Pirate, Hovering Airship
Franc: Stilts, Dirty Cheater
3 Iron Skeeters: the upgrades
Pere Ravage: Do Over
4 Bayou Gremlins

Opponent played Bear Force 1 w/ Marcus

Pool:

Flank
Public Exec
Eliminate
Show of Force
Vendetta
Recover
Take Prisoner

I took Recover and Show of Force, he took Recover, and I'm not sure what else, cause he didn't score.

I got crazy lucky and the table we got today had a lot of vantage point terrain so I just kind of hid out on rooftops, plinking bears to death from above as he tried to find ladders to climb up to get to me, so yea, really lucky. Bears are scary. (all of his large bases are bears, all of his bears haven't arrived in the mail yet)

The game ended 7-2 my favor because I spent the whole game hiding on rooftops as seen here:
OYM8FMs.gif

• Like 1

Really interesting board for that strat. You might be able to deny public executions by  leaving just one model in the opponent's LoS. It certainly dissuades one list conquers all and forces some thought at the listbuilding step of the game. The fences on some of the high points are a bit annoying if you want to push people off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Really interesting board for that strat. You might be able to deny public executions by  leaving just one model in the opponent's LoS. It certainly dissuades one list conquers all and forces some thought at the listbuilding step of the game. The fences on some of the high points are a bit annoying if you want to push people off.

Right, our local EOs and Henchmen try to provide interesting decisions for games through terrain, which I think makes games way more interesting.  We were talking after the game and figured that in this case, he still could have played bears, but if he would have plugged in Kaeris, he could have given them flight and just caught me on the rooftops to kill me.  There were ladders, staircases and things he could use, but it just took him a lot of AP to try and get up that way.

• Like 2