Branching out into Arcanists with Kaeris

Beta

5 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Besides Kaeris herself?

Rail Workers? They make the target suffer damage equal to its burning value but don't lower the burning value.

Eternal Flame? It makes the target resolve the burning condition as if it were the end of the turn.

• Like 2

Just now, Mrbedlam said:

kaeris doesn't really purge burning she just pulses it. I think if there was less set up to getting all the burning out it would turn her up a bit more

Engulf trigger (built in) on Flaming Halo: "After applying burning, the target suffers damage equal to its Burning condition value and then removes the Burning condition"
Not this?
(not sarcastic, honest question if I am misunderstanding your point)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mrbedlam said:

kaeris doesn't really purge burning she just pulses it. I think if there was less set up to getting all the burning out it would turn her up a bit more

I think Kaeris needs a Zombie Chihuahua more than she needs a Sebastian (she needs something cheap that can rapidly spread burning more than she needs some that can make burning hurry up and get turned into damage).  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KingCrow said:

Kaeris needs a model like the Lampad.  Having something that's all about burning in every way would hugely benefit her.  Also, the fact that it has her action on her new upgrade as a 0 AP is fun. 

Seriously tho, why do Ressers have a model all about burning? 

I would have loved to see Kaeris get a good way to summon more Fire Gamin like the Lampad can summon more Lampads. 

22 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Well, she can summon them. It's that "good" word that gets us held up.

Drop the :ram off of the "Born of Fire" trigger and it might be okay. Drop the :ram and make it a trigger usable by any of her attacks and would probably be good enough to justify the 2ss upgrade cost. Just compare this upgrade to McMorning's 1SS "Moonlighting" upgrade. McMouring just needs to be within 8 inches of a model that dies from poison and he gets to summon a full health Canine remains. He also gets another ability that adds a trigger to Expunge (on a built in suit) that summons a full health Flesh Construct if the target is reduced to 0 Wds. Poor Kaeris needs to deal the killing blow with a particular attack against a target that is already burning and either stone or have the right card for the trigger to get a half dead Fire Gamin, and she pays 2ss for the upgrade.

It seems like a lot of Kaeris's problem is that she's got a bunch of upgrades that let her do cool stuff (and half of those are Limited) but her cool stuff mostly requires setup and still isn't quite as good as similar abilities that other masters have. It feels like Wyrd was overly cautious on not making her too good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

I would have loved to see Kaeris get a good way to summon more Fire Gamin like the Lampad can summon more Lampads. 

Being able to summon Fire Gamin like Lampads summon more of themselves would be amazing.  Kaeris would instantly see more play and would be a lot more fun.

17 hours ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Engulf trigger (built in) on Flaming Halo: "After applying burning, the target suffers damage equal to its Burning condition value and then removes the Burning condition"
Not this?
(not sarcastic, honest question if I am misunderstanding your point)

sorry I was actually saying that it should be on someone besides Kaeris as she is often the biggest source of burning in a Kaeris crew. Something like a gunslinger with an exploding bullet for example. The biggest problem Kaeris really has is that there is a ton of order of operations errors. You want her to go first to get burning out on stuff so that her crew synergizes but you also want her to not go to later so that everything can get flying or she can pull burning off to draw cards or get Instinctual from the Emissary. More redundancy of what she does in her crew would help alleviate that. 

• Like 2