Zipp wins UK Masters gg2018

Somnicide

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

Doesn’t her ability to shoot burning things without needing LoS kind of serve the same purpose?

It really doesn't because 14" is well within the distance of what a lot of beaters can start completely out of LoS from iur entire crew and charge into. As Trikk said the models that add burning aren't very efficient and none of them can ignore LoS either.

15 minutes ago, PolishSausage said:

Well, this is official gremlin forum.

SInce Wong is in the same boat as Sonia, talk to me how much worse Wong would be without el-mayor, oh wait... he does not have El Mayor...

He has Df5, Armor, Squeel and a place out of combat.

Edit: if Wong didn`t give Magical, I believe he`d be REALLY bad

I agree, the magical makes him hard to balance 1 to 1 with other blasting/shooting masters.

The problem I have with him is CA7 gun on a 10" gun.

Other faction have either range extension/no randomization/ Ca9/ ignore cover/ignore LOS/ ability to target through models or corpses.

It just feel like Wong is a sliver short from being a viable blaster. 

Armor and pushing was given to Raspy, Sonia has Effigy for healing and card draw + Franc + Guardian.

Instead of pushing for the shooting aspect I would rather see Wong's signature spell go down to 8" and take the Gun icon out. Allowing him to be a short range blaster and magical wizard.

This way he has a chance of competing against Somer in the blasting department.

3 hours ago, PolishSausage said:

Well, this is official gremlin forum.

SInce Wong is in the same boat as Sonia, talk to me how much worse Wong would be without el-mayor, oh wait... he does not have El Mayor...

Conversations meander slightly off topic all the time on these forums. I believe guild models were brought up for comparison so I felt it was on topic to discuss them. Sorry if I offended you.

Wong offers crew support (glowy), has armour and better base defense. He can also Squeel if an enemy damages him with ml. In both situations I mentioned I was killed by ml attacks so I would gladly have traded df 6 for df 5, armour and Squeel if I had that choice.

I can't really comment on the balance of the entire model but the times I have faced Wong the boards have usually been pretty cramped so he has gotten a lot of work done since my models have been funneled into places where the blasts and pulses die good work. I usually pick models to ignore triggers and have taken him out early in a few games when my opponent didn't properly prioritise targets, check threat ranges or block him sufficiently. If Wong takes out the model (often a single model in my crews at least) that can ignore triggers he is a massive pain to deal with in my experience.