Zipp wins UK Masters gg2018

Somnicide

5 hours ago, PolishSausage said:

And before people start screaming about Pere being OP and too good for gremlins, look at Papa-Loco.

Guild version has more wounds/better attack/does not need to cast the explode/and give that passive damage flip buff for 1 more SS. Will gladly trade any day.

That argument makes no sense. Its not really a matter of "which is better" but "what you can do with it". Guild can't deliver Loco to you T1 because they don't have an Iron Skeeter taxi.

And Grems can't have a positive to damage because you have all the Dumb/Thinkin Lucks.

• Like 2

In Polish tournament there were 5 Gremlin players. Second player was placed 14th and the rest 20+ so it doesn't look that Gremlins dominated this event. It looks more that player who won knew what he is doing and didn't do many mistakes. Plus he used one thing which is very strong with Mah - Survivors. Their attack is MI which can be change to range attack keeping MI status and as we know Mah can nicely bump MI stats so over the sudden we have very solid, cheap shooting platform but it works with one master only. BTW, I was going to use this trick in the coming tournament myself ;)

Congrats to him once again but remember, one swallow doesn’t make a summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniello_s said:

In Polish tournament there were 5 Gremlin players. Second player was placed 14th and the rest 20+ so it doesn't look that Gremlins dominated this event. It looks more that player who won knew what he is doing and didn't do many mistakes. Plus he used one thing which is very strong with Mah - Survivors. Their attack is MI which can be change to range attack keeping MI status and as we know Mah can nicely bump MI stats so over the sudden we have very solid, cheap shooting platform but it works with one master only. BTW, I was going to use this trick in the coming tournament myself ;)

Congrats to him once again but remember, one swallow doesn’t make a summer. 

I didn`t say they dominated. I said they are still playable and can win stuff. The 20+ Gremlin players are either casual player or new players. I don`t understand the Mah thing. So it was easier for him because he used Mah?

You also don`t have 1 tournament. You have 3. So while its not certain, there are signs out there that Gremlins don`t suck, have adjusted to the errata and have a better balance overall.

Also: Nerf Sandeep. I think he`s the only guy with the single-master potential now. Hamelin, Nellie and Somer don`t seem autopicks now for everything but Sandeep still dominates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trikk said:

I don`t understand the Mah thing. So it was easier for him because he used Mah?

No, I didn't meant that. What i meant was that this is some sort of synergy between Mah and Survivors which opponent might not to spot that easily and can be caught by surprise in nasty way.

Basically all his crew was based on strong MI buffed by Mah's ability. 

3 hours ago, daniello_s said:

Basically all his crew was based on strong MI buffed by Mah's ability. 

I feel the need to point out that it is ML (or Ml) not MI. From "melee". :) 

As for the conversation itself - I dunno. I find it a bit early to say one way or the other (as some have pointed out, the meta is still very fresh) but OTOH I severely doubt that well-played Gremlins would be incapable of winning tournaments under GG18. I mean, I believe that the argument has always been that they are now lower tier and I'm not sure that two or three events disproves that.

Personally, I'm not sure that we are weak or anything but we have been getting quite a few nerfs and our Wave 5 is pretty low-powered stuff compared to what other factions are getting which is a bit of a bummer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I feel the need to point out that it is ML (or Ml) not MI. From "melee". :) 

As for the conversation itself - I dunno. I find it a bit early to say one way or the other (as some have pointed out, the meta is still very fresh) but OTOH I severely doubt that well-played Gremlins would be incapable of winning tournaments under GG18. I mean, I believe that the argument has always been that they are now lower tier and I'm not sure that two or three events disproves that.

Personally, I'm not sure that we are weak or anything but we have been getting quite a few nerfs and our Wve 4 is pretty low-powered stuff compared to what other factions are getting which is a bit of a bummer.

I'm not saying Gremlins are broken but there was a ton of negativity and complaining that they are garbage. I think they are ok at least.

I think wave 4 was huge for Gremlins: zipp, iron skeeter, swinecursed are IMHO pretty big. If you mean wave 5 than I agree that its not spectacular although I think Wrestlers are not appreciated enough, Brin is a nice anti NB counter pick and Mah got some help.

I think that they are ok as well. But I can see people thinking that they are not and I don't think that these tournament results prove things one way or another.

And yeah, typoed, meant Wave 5. Mah has definitely gotten a lot of love lately (her amazing new Upgrades, Wrestlers, and the new cheap Survivors).

I wonder whether Brin really works well against NB. He is so very squishy and NB are pretty good at projecting violence into specific parts of the battlefield. Have you seen him used?

I’m just finding the whole conversation interesting. Had Nicodem won there would have been an outcry to nerf him pointing to the tournament as proof (which for the record I support changing his undertaker upgrade so he can’t draw cards when using mindless zombies). Because Gremlins won so many people are looking for a way to explain why they still are bad even though the same proof would have been held up for proof positive for requesting nerfs for someone else.

Its an event. A single data point. An important one sure, but on its own not indicative of anything.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I think that they are ok as well. But I can see people thinking that they are not and I don't think that these tournament results prove things one way or another.

And yeah, typoed, meant Wave 5. Mah has definitely gotten a lot of love lately (her amazing new Upgrades, Wrestlers, and the new cheap Survivors).

I wonder whether Brin really works well against NB. He is so very squishy and NB are pretty good at projecting violence into specific parts of the battlefield. Have you seen him used?

I agree they do not give a definitive answer. But I think they prove they are at least better than expected.

I`ve seen him played a few times and he seems good vs Pandora at least (and possibly Collodi)

6 hours ago, trikk said:

That argument makes no sense. Its not really a matter of "which is better" but "what you can do with it". Guild can't deliver Loco to you T1 because they don't have an Iron Skeeter taxi.

Not sure about the whole list:

Judge can out of action make emissary hit and bury Locko, you than give fast to emissary with student.

Walk 18" ,end activation, Loco pops out and chain activates. I think Nelly has a way to re-position the emissary early on and fast a bunch of them as well.

Its just more stone ~ 27-34 as opposed to our 18-19 but Loco  bomb does more consistent damage/ does not need to cast explode and has chain activation on the drop off.

• Like 1

I think theres a huge difference between 27 SS min vs 18 max.

Loco doesn't have reckless and doesn't blow up in 6" ;)

Also your taxi is 6SS so if you lose the skeeter youre down 12SS. I'm down 17 if Emissary gets killed.

Loco doesn't have reckless (but you can fast him) and has wk4 which is a huge difference and doesn't blow up in 6 inches :D

1 minute ago, trikk said:

I think theres a huge difference between 27 SS min vs 18 max.

Loco doesn't have reckless and doesn't blow up in 6" ;)

Also your taxi is 6SS so if you lose the skeeter youre down 12SS. I'm down 17 if Emissary gets killed.

It takes a wee-more to kill Emissary than Skeeter but I know what you mean - this gamble costs too much to risk it.

4 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

It takes a wee-more to kill Emissary than Skeeter but I know what you mean - this gamble costs too much to risk it.

Oh I know but I don't think you want your Emissary in the middle of the board unsupported. I think the big difference is also flight on the skeeter

It also works with 1 master in Guild and requires most of his activation.

1 minute ago, PolishSausage said:

I am just proving its possible to do this shenanigans as guild with loco.

he does a lot more good just being himself with + dmg flips to Sonia blasting, wish our Wong had that in his toolkit

( and casting 9 and Ignor LOS and + to flip, but hey we are just as good ey?)

And extra damage pulse and Df5 and Squeel and Armor +1 and giving gloowy.... are we seriously having this discussion?

I think wave 4 was huge for Gremlins: zipp, iron skeeter, swinecursed are IMHO pretty big. If you mean wave 5 than I agree that its not spectacular although I think Wrestlers are not appreciated enough, Brin is a nice anti NB counter pick and Mah got some help.

Dread Pirate Zipp seems like it was something sweet you guys got in book 5. 

book 3 we got... survivors now that they are 4ss 

book 4 we got Zip + iron skeets and maaybe swinecursed.

book 5 we got Dreaded pirate zip / Mah got something( Zip does the same stuff she can do but better) / Ophelia got instinctual and trash markers ( she needs to have +2 free upgrades slots like Jack Daw to be decent)

so with that note...

Lets make BOOK 6 the Gremlin book for once!

• Thanks 1