New player, what crew?

DcVenom

Hello,

I’m brand new to the game and have been looking at the models for a few weeks now. Long story short I like the look of Gremlins, I’m looking for a crew box which will give me an easy to learn introduction to the game. What gremlin master do you recommend and whom should I avoid?

Thanks in advance

I'd recommend going for Som'er or Ophelia - both of those masters focus on offence, which is easy to grasp (compared to someone like Zoraida, who is more control/support oriented).

Also, Som'ers box has Bayou Gremlins - a staple unit for spammy list, and Ophelia's box has Francois - who was recently nerfed, however is still fairly decent and powerful. 

35 minutes ago, Griautis said:

I'd recommend going for Som'er or Ophelia - both of those masters focus on offence, which is easy to grasp (compared to someone like Zoraida, who is more control/support oriented).

Also, Som'ers box has Bayou Gremlins - a staple unit for spammy list, and Ophelia's box has Francois - who was recently nerfed, however is still fairly decent and powerful. 

Leaning towards Som’er model wise, what would you add to the crew box?

44 minutes ago, Griautis said:

Slop Haulers,

As I know McTavish and Burt used to be amazing/must buys, but not so sure anymore now that they had their price increased. They should still work pretty well. 

other than that - can't really advise you much, a more experienced gremlin player should come along.

Thank you for the help you have given, much appreciated 

Somer crew box is in a bad place now for GG2018, 

Ophelia is in a much better shape. Her crew box has some much needed models for gremlin faction.

Franc/ Raphael/Pere all do good deal of damage and mayhem before going down.

Remi is the weakest of the group, but with dirty cheater and new Ophelia upgrade you can focus him before activation. This means he can shoot/focus/shoot with 2x 36" shots.

Finally, the young models are such a generic looking gremlin, I doubt anyone will question it if you used them as Bayous outside of Ophelia crew.

Ophelia/Wong/Zip are your best bet right now for Gremlin crew.

• Like 2

Somer is still probably the strongest gremlin master.

His summoning is weaker in Gg18, but bring Sammy and have her encourage Somer and he becomes an amazing ranged damage dealer (and bigger hat than yours is still a devastating ability).

Personally I feel getting the somer, Ophelia and slop hauler boxes are the best way to get into gremlins. 

If you want to stick with somer I would then get Sammy and Burt, if going with opehlia would get survivors and Merris

I would go with Zipp crew as first simple because Zipp as a master was good in gg17 and is very good in gg18 plus his crew you get in the box is very solid - First Mate is good scheme runner, Earl is cheap, significant model and Iron Skeeters are solid support models. If you get Burt and Survivors you can easily use two Skeeters as taxi for Burt and one Survivor. 

As second crew i would pick Wong plus Tavish, Swine Cursed and possible Cranky.

• Like 1

I started with Ophelia back then and I loved it.

Afterwards I got Somer and I loved it even more. but thats just beacause of Somer.

Since the new Upgrades came out I think Ophelia got buffed quite a bit. I think her box brings more to add to other Crews than Somers to be honest.

Franc is a stable in lots of lists.

Raphael, as it turns out, is amazing. For (now)6 SS you get a very durable, very mobile model that can run schemes on ist own while dishing out very good damage with his big honking gun.

Pere is amazin as well. With Ophelias ability to place a friendly Kin anywhere in 8 Inches, you can throw him right at your enemies face and let him wreck havoc.

Somers Box Comes with Bayou Gremlins, which are still considered to be one of the best minions in the game. Personally... I am not to fond of them outside of Some-Lists.

Lenny does not bring that much to the table either, I think. He is by no means bad but I just think that there are better Options.

So yeah, ot of the two: I'd recommend the Kin over the Bayou Boss

Well, as someone who started with somer and now has all the masters, I can tell you my experience. In my experience somer is a great box to have, but not a good solo buy. You will want to get at least a couple more boxes like extra bayou gremlins and slop haulers.

I believe Ophelia's crew box is better as a starting crew if you don't want to buy extra models right away, and I've had good results when lending my Ophelia to new players to try the game.