Further delays

gribble

The latest update today is not good news... seems Wyrd are having real difficulties in producing the models unfortunately, and delivery is now scheduled for the May/June timeframe.

As I commented on the KS page, I'm happy to see the transparency, even if the news isn't good. It'd be great if Wyrd were to make a gesture like releasing the PDF of the rules, so those of us who weren't involved in playtesting can keep up the excitement and try out the game with proxies... :)

• Like 2

They specifically said in the update they were having trouble due to the detail of the models, which says to me casting issues. So the problems are before the assembly stage.

As for amounts of parts, I'm guessing still a few. Nathan said that alt Lazarus was 17 pieces in TOS plastic, while he would have been over 50 in HIPS.

As for the delay, it's never nice having something you're waiting for be delayed. I'm grateful for the transparency. Though it does give me more time to put money aside to buy more when we can finally pay for extras.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely. I'd much rather wait 3-6 months now and get a better quality product for it. I plan to be playing ToS for years (at least, the size of my investment in it says so), so a few months delay now is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Still, I'm mighty excited and would love to see something other than Friday "previews", which are pretty much just information that has been out there since the KS... maybe I'm just too excited about it. :)

Clearly this is all a plan to deliver TOS so it arrives in June, my birthday present from Wyrd! (previous payment, of course). I'm not really bothered by the dealy, to be honest, this way I can finish painting my Outcasts and give a boost to the Arcanists, and also it gives me more time to buy an additional showcase for the new models.

As a collateral damage, I'll have to buy the Horomatangi to my order which takes me to my question: is there any way to mention that I already have an order so it's all shipped together? Not only to save the shipping cost of the Horomatangi but also to make life easier to the people doing the shipping. 

58 minutes ago, Chou said:

As a collateral damage, I'll have to buy the Horomatangi to my order which takes me to my question: is there any way to mention that I already have an order so it's all shipped together? Not only to save the shipping cost of the Horomatangi but also to make life easier to the people doing the shipping. 

I don't quite understand what you're asking - this is all done in Backerkit, so the only way to "buy" a new model at this point is to add it to an existing order... it should be fairly straightforward if you use the email you would have been sent inviting you to Backerkit to access your order and update it, but if you have any questions I'll try to help.

:)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gribble said:

I don't quite understand what you're asking - this is all done in Backerkit, so the only way to "buy" a new model at this point is to add it to an existing order... it should be fairly straightforward if you use the email you would have been sent inviting you to Backerkit to access your order and update it, but if you have any questions I'll try to help.

:)

Boy, am I dense most of the time... yes, the mail is the way to link the dual commander pledge I've already ordered and the new model. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

You won't actually get charged until you confirm shipping, so be careful how much you add.

So far I've upped mine from Commander to Dual Commander and added Horomatangi and some Egg Clutches. Not sure if I want to add another Breachling, not sure if they're like Egg Clutches which can be summoned.

Also a whole other Commander level for a friend who decided late that he wanted in.

1 hour ago, -Loki- said:

So far I've upped mine from Commander to Dual Commander and added Horomatangi and some Egg Clutches. Not sure if I want to add another Breachling, not sure if they're like Egg Clutches which can be summoned.

Doomseekers can summon them when in Glory, and the From the Aether Stratagem summons 3.  I'm just sticking with the 3 personally though.

The big thing I'm torn on right now is whether to add more Squads as time goes on.  I'm considering grabbing a 2nd Twisted Horror unit, or maybe get some Barbed Crawlers and Yarazi.

On 1/29/2018 at 12:16 PM, Aaron said:

The assembly doesn't factor into the delay. 

Is it specific factions or models? Is it possible to get the product piecemeal as they finish? How about the shirts/rules/ a pdf of the rules etc?

I'm sure as people get the rule book, inspiration from the rules and fluff will increase confidence in the project and possibly increase late pledges or up existing pledges. Never hurts to keep the hype train fueled up... 

@Aaron

9 hours ago, -Loki- said:

About adding stuff - will we get the chance to change payment information when we confirm final additions and pay shipping? I used a credit card for the initial pledge, but I'd prefer to use paypal for the final amount.

I think that once they close it, Backerkit will charge whatever card is on file without further confirmations. However, typically project creators give fair warning before they do this for that reason.

Also, Backerkit will only charge whatever you have locked in, so for that reason with this project *everyone* will need to go back in and add on shipping, as no-one is currently being charged for that. Backerkit can't just charge you an arbitrary amount for shipping that you haven't previously seen and agreed to. 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2018 at 8:12 PM, gribble said:

I think that once they close it, Backerkit will charge whatever card is on file without further confirmations. However, typically project creators give fair warning before they do this for that reason.

Also, Backerkit will only charge whatever you have locked in, so for that reason with this project *everyone* will need to go back in and add on shipping, as no-one is currently being charged for that. Backerkit can't just charge you an arbitrary amount for shipping that you haven't previously seen and agreed to. 

@-Loki-I've never used Backerkit itself, but I have backed a successful campaign on Kickstarter. I recall the vendor on Kickstarter sending a confirmation with the opportunity to change payment methods, for those who have since gotten new credit cards for whatever reason. When a funded campaign ships eight months later than first predicted (as did this project with a completely different company), I would think they simply had to give people the chance to update their payment method before attempting to process it. Cards expire or get lost/stolen/defrauded and then cancelled all the time. People change banks, move house, get or remove joint accounts, change names... file for bankruptcy, have their wages garnished, die intestate... and other happy life occurrences. :lol:

• Like 2