Are Raptors a liability in Ply for Information?

WWHSD

14 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

and a bit of a mistake on your opponent's part to not assume Yas was a likely setup target with all those markers out.

There was not really an option for him. He could have kept Yas back and not doing anything with him (with still the potential of me luring him in) or he could give me the 3 points and at least try to slaughter stuff (which he did). There was really no spot for him to charge where I wouldn't have scored Set Up. See picture below for the state end of round 1.

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 13.38.12.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cktAvatar said:

There was not really an option for him. He could have kept Yas back and not doing anything with him (with still the potential of me luring him in) or he could give me the 3 points and at least try to slaughter stuff (which he did). There was really no spot for him to charge where I wouldn't have scored Set Up. See picture below for the state end of round 1.

Setup scores at the end of a turn. Yasinori is walk 6 with flight and in a McCabe list nimble if you want it. On top of that McCabe can push it by taking back upgrades and throwing the to Yasinori again. So Yas should have been able to charge in and kill something while standing on top of one of your scheme markers and then nimbled/been pushed back out so it was too far away for you to score setup.

I'm sorry, it might look like I'm trying to diminish your win which I am really not. It seems you laid a very good trap because that board does not give a lot of good locations to move to. I guess I'm just trying to prove how OP Yas is with McCabe. ;) With these many markers out in your scheme pool it would probably have been better to chill on the Yasinori  slaughterfest until it could be helped back out by McCabe or charge without using the nimble so it could walk back.