Oni Charges

ElPuto

1 minute ago, tomjoad said:

No. 1 damage to her allows you to charge immediately.

Wording is a bit odd, as we were stating on my post on FB. 

‘Wrath of the Oni’ is worded such that the two clauses seem separate; 1 damage to Asami must be performed while within the 4” aura, but the second clause does not specify the point at which that (1) action charge may be taken.

1 minute ago, tomjoad said:

I have never heard of this interpretation before. Play it how you want to, but most people you play against will assume you are cheating if you try to play it like this.

I don't want to cheat, I'm trying to get a clarification! Hope someone can help me then :)

8 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Models with effects that last until the end of activation (like doppelgänger copying an action) or end of turn specify that. Auras don’t specify a timing—this one certainly does not—so the aura must only apply while a model is standing in that aura, not later in its activation.

Ok, thanks!

9 hours ago, ElPuto said:

Wording is a bit odd, as we were stating on my post on FB. 

‘Wrath of the Oni’ is worded such that the two clauses seem separate; 1 damage to Asami must be performed while within the 4” aura, but the second clause does not specify the point at which that (1) action charge may be taken.

It doesn't seem worded as 2 clauses to me. It is you may do 1 damage to Asami to do a (2) charge as a (1) action. 

Look at the followign text

A model may take a (1) Interact Action to place a Scheme Marker in base contact with itself and not within 4” of another friendly Scheme Marker.

Do you have to place the scheme marker at once, or can you wait until you have taken a walk action to place the scheme marker, meanign that you took the interacty action whilst not engaged, but are able to place the scheme marker next to an enemy model. 

The senatnce follows the same structure as Wrath of the oni

someone May do something to do something

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Adran said:

It doesn't seem worded as 2 clauses to me. It is you may do 1 damage to Asami to do a (2) charge as a (1) action. 

Look at the followign text

A model may take a (1) Interact Action to place a Scheme Marker in base contact with itself and not within 4” of another friendly Scheme Marker.

Do you have to place the scheme marker at once, or can you wait until you have taken a walk action to place the scheme marker, meanign that you took the interacty action whilst not engaged, but are able to place the scheme marker next to an enemy model. 

The senatnce follows the same structure as Wrath of the oni

someone May do something to do something

Right, thanks guys! Really helpful!