Want to discuss my next game.

Dirach

I have not been very successful at the Malifaux table, but I have been in a prosses where I have tried to use all my models. I have tried every master, so the "trying something new" aspect is not strong anymore. Before I played my last game I put up my plan here, and the debate were useful as I got better knowledge of my crew, and my plan got better. I hope to do the same now.

I have decleared Guild, and my opponent have decleared Resser.

Strategy: Symbols of authority

Schemes: Punish the weak, Undercover Entourage, Take Prisoners, Take one for the team, Vendetta

I think the key to this game is mobility. I need to be everywhere.

For Symbols of authority I think the guild dogs with Luna would be good as they are fast and small. So I guess McCabe would be a good choice, and he can add extra movement to bring my crew where I need them.

With "punish the weak" on the table the dogs are a bit risky, as they are easy to take down. But I think choosing "Take one for the team" on one of the dogs could "counter" this scheme if chosen by my opponent.

I also consider to pick "Vendetta" on one of the dogs. Badge of speed and the glowing sabre could make it possible for a guild dog to take out a 4 or 5 SS model for an easy score.

I think "undercover entourage" and "Take prisoners" is harder to score.

I also think one henchman is nice, as it would hide my schemes more, as my opponent can think he will be used for "punish the weak"

Currently my crew will be something like this.

McCabe- Loot Bag, Promices, one 1 SS upgrade.

Luna

4xDogs

Fransisco (To give McCabe 9 df)- Wade in

Thrall

Brutal Emissary- Badge of speed.

The dogs will be all around scoring points. McCabe, Fransisco, Thrall and Brutal Emissary will be protecting my side of the table, and ill be taking out enemy hencmen, masters and strategy scorers.

Good plan? Are there other obvious crews? If you want to give advice, I have all the guild choices, some mercenaries and mimics. (but only 4 guild guards :) ) and I never proxy, so no unreleased miniatures.

You are making “Punish the weak” easy but with “Take One for the Team” in the pool you have a good chance they will not take it and relay on killing your minions with conditions etc.

“Undercover Entourage” seems like a good fit as you will need to race over to the other side of the table anyway.  So I would recommend a beater paired with some healing and some no charging shenanigans going off for the advance party.

For your defence I would recommend some controlling models that can push models away, paralyzed or dish out slow backed up with something scary to keep them on their toes.

On 1/22/2018 at 12:16 PM, Dirach said:

I have not been very successful at the Malifaux table, but I have been in a prosses where I have tried to use all my models. I have tried every master, so the "trying something new" aspect is not strong anymore. Before I played my last game I put up my plan here, and the debate were useful as I got better knowledge of my crew, and my plan got better. I hope to do the same now.

I have decleared Guild, and my opponent have decleared Resser.

Strategy: Symbols of authority

Schemes: Punish the weak, Undercover Entourage, Take Prisoners, Take one for the team, Vendetta

I think the key to this game is mobility. I need to be everywhere.

For Symbols of authority I think the guild dogs with Luna would be good as they are fast and small. So I guess McCabe would be a good choice, and he can add extra movement to bring my crew where I need them.

With "punish the weak" on the table the dogs are a bit risky, as they are easy to take down. But I think choosing "Take one for the team" on one of the dogs could "counter" this scheme if chosen by my opponent.

I also consider to pick "Vendetta" on one of the dogs. Badge of speed and the glowing sabre could make it possible for a guild dog to take out a 4 or 5 SS model for an easy score.

I think "undercover entourage" and "Take prisoners" is harder to score.

I also think one henchman is nice, as it would hide my schemes more, as my opponent can think he will be used for "punish the weak"

Currently my crew will be something like this.

McCabe- Loot Bag, Promices, one 1 SS upgrade.

Luna

4xDogs

Fransisco (To give McCabe 9 df)- Wade in

Thrall

Brutal Emissary- Badge of speed.

The dogs will be all around scoring points. McCabe, Fransisco, Thrall and Brutal Emissary will be protecting my side of the table, and ill be taking out enemy hencmen, masters and strategy scorers.

Good plan? Are there other obvious crews? If you want to give advice, I have all the guild choices, some mercenaries and mimics. (but only 4 guild guards :) ) and I never proxy, so no unreleased miniatures.

I don't think your list or plan sounds bad.  But do you feel like McCabe needs the df 9?  how do you intend to use him?

12 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I don't think your list or plan sounds bad.  But do you feel like McCabe needs the df 9?  how do you intend to use him?

My plan was to use him where he was needed and he fills many roles.

- Giving fast and sabre to my crew and giving them + to WP and Mi.

- Preventing my opponents henchmen and master from getting points. (By killing them if possible)

- Rushing to score strategy.

By the way I lost the game 3-6. But we only got to the third round before we had to quit. If the game had continued I guess I would have scored 5 more. My opponent could also score 3 more quite easily. So for  the last to points I think my opponent would have the edge, so I guess it was fair to give him the win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dirach said:

- Preventing my opponents henchmen and master from getting points. (By killing them if possible)

By the way I lost the game 3-6. But we only got to the third round before we had to quit. If the game had continued I guess I would have scored 5 more. My opponent could also score 3 more quite easily. So for  the last to points I think my opponent would have the edge, so I guess it was fair to give him the win.

Only three turns is tough to judge a Symbols game.  I've definitely had games where I thought I was on top, only to sputter out.  And McCabes efficiency on turn 5 is magical.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2018 at 8:35 AM, Dirach said:

Interested to know what master you faced in the end ;)