Dual Faction Master Combinations We Don't Have... Yet!

Jesy Blue

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2018 at 11:43 AM, Jesy Blue said:

Guild/Ressurectionsist - As the good doctor is no longer with the guild, could you find a good replacement?

Outcast/Ten Thunders - I've never understood Misaki as an Outcast, even less so with the fluff of Wave 5, so who could you create as a replacement?

Looks like I sort of guessed 2 correct changes!

On 4/8/2018 at 7:51 AM, retnab said:

Arcanist/Neverborn: Honestly, make Marcus dual-faction NVB.  He already has a relationship with some of their models, and he's clearly interested in Titania's weird forest in the fluff.

Arcanist/Guild: I'd say Hoff but he's still a bit too "good" to join in I think.

... and you got 2 also!

On 6/8/2018 at 7:37 PM, wafew said:

Gremlin/Outcast - I could either see Mctavish, or Zipp, McTavish used to be outcast, and he is human, so is an outcast of sorts. And i don't know his fluff, but zipp seems like he may be on his own, with becoming a pirate, that he'd fit with the outcasts.

... and you guessed an outside the park one!

Good job everyone!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 1:06 PM, aquenaton said:

Well, for some time, Von Scrook was considered a possible excuse to unite Arcanists and Ressers, as an Academic master, but with Sandeep it has been discarded. Now, I could see some kind of Marcus friend, from the Order of the Chimera more obsessed with the forgotten creatures of Egypt, and he could be half Resser in that regard (for the inmortality and that stuff). 

>implying Schtook would got two minutes at an arc meeting without being yoten unto the sun by Kaeris because he WON'T STOP F***ING LAUGHING

Old post died. new post is turbo mode. someone screencap this and remind me when book 3 of 3e comes out

ARC/OUT: Exactly the character i've been building in my heads since i've started playing, and starting to outline in the TTB threads. went two lightyears beyond what is okay with augments. tosses out upgrades like candy. fully-borged Laz-style enforcer. Is somehow Mei's insurance policy. everything is part construct

ARC/NEV: Already happening since markus decided to buddy up with an eldritch entity. THE TYRANTS WERE AFRAID OF HER YOU IDIOT. this unfortunately mitigates my wants for plants. GIVE ME ALARUNES AND DRYADS WYRD. WHERE ARE THE PLANTS AND THE PLANT SUMMONERS YOU FOOLS.

ARC/GRM: Zipp's adopted brother, whether that is in his own species is up to massive debate. Gremlin constructs. at least one has a flamer and a whisky barrel. Gremlin constructs becomes a thing off the back of this master alone. tournaments for the year weep as everyone knows how to play gremlins now. top 8 one tourney, then get nerferd into a Yucatan-sized impact crater. everyone tacitly admits it deserves it

ARC/GLD: I'm not a raving construct fangirl what are you talking about, i'm not squeaking you're squealing. SHOW ME THE ROBOT FISTS WYRD, THEY BETTER BE GIANT ❤️

GLD/OUT: Siege commander, possibly some Ridley-based PMC meant to compete with Bulk Hogan. Lots of constructs, lots of range, lots of anger. Maybe a robot tank? voted most likely in his class to go three-faction when he realizes just how much good his friends at the assembly lines put into their bots, and wants in on the center of the 3-faction triangle.

GLD/GRM: Bushwhacker who grew a soft-spot for the dumb little buggers and puts the corpses of troublemakers in the guild commisary for a nice, fat paycheck from Big Hat. Has one berzerker melee enforcer everyone thinks is terrible because they don't understand he's somehow situational defense. his one Unique construct is somehow blamed entirely for The Shrek Open (TM) while not being the root of the problem, but still a major contributing factor.

GRM/RES: Bokor, so likely to be themed after Baron Samhendi i'd put down money on it. Spooky scary skeletons mandatory. limited if any summoning. Debuff upgrades and poison abound. Someone makes a david bowie joke. everyone laughs. Mason chuckles nervously then looks at his desk to see if someone leaked something somehow from the next book before shrugging it off.

GRM/OUT: This terrifies me as somehow people now know how to play gremlins, and we all know what shenanigans Outcast cross means

NEV/RES: My brain says hayreddin, though i'd make the argument he's more ready for an "I'll backstab your master and eat their heart" upgrade like our new Nephilim overlady. But my heart says Myconoid witch. i may be a construct fangirl, but i am also an ent fangirl. Poison, poison everywhere. please mason i just want my plant children to grow probably some evolve based summoning a-la sillurids that gets way out of hand. Maybe some sort of ooze monster? who knows, except for the  fact that 1/10 new players won't know to squash the mini-summons and end up facing 400 points of models on the other side of the table. by turn 6. it is called a "styling upon" in the tournament report. will probably get players soft-banned from locals

NEV/OUT: Maybe a spot for the C7? Part of me just wants the difference split and just get a flat gothic horror vampire boss here. werewolves, Werebats/vargiest, Frankenstien's flesh constructs. maybe even one creepy puppet still laying around for the future. and that was the story of how lil' cal swapped universes to malifaux

BRAND NEW OPENINGS:

GLD/RES: I would honestly like to think the guild would be smart enough to not let Douglas McMourning happen again. that being said, i  100% foresee the guild ignoring their brand new slave driving battallion commander who's troops all "survived" Nythera. No his Lieutenant is not three guys stitched together in an overcoat what are you talking about "how could we let this happen twice" Probably a home for all those undead guild guards nobody wants

GLD/TNT: Meanwhile, a hardboiled "Ex-railworker turned guild guard who nobody seems to notice is japanese" Samurai master would be so awesome i couldn't contain myself. the epicenter for all future stupid anime references wyrd makes. ruroni kenshin will be ref'd within the first book where she's out. unironically called someone's waifu within the first week of the beta. Unironically Best Girl (except for Mei, she's best girl even though you could cut through the tension between her and misaki with a wooden spoon). If she is not called "The Wolf" i will eat an entire bag of my local market's beef jerky to simulate a hat live on a twitch stream at the time of devteam's deciding, probable dueling theme with plenty of great 1v1 options, and cheap but sticky minions in the style of ashigaru (real ones, living ones this time) recalled training goes in theme to her. Millions of ten thunders players cry out, and then are silenced.could even use RT as a resource to everyone's collective horror when someone manages to pull it off.

NEV/TNT: EXTRY EXTRY, READ ALL ABOUT IT, Local boy physically cannot stop reading kung fu pulps before bed and won't stop calling people baka gaijins. Also, strange purple monster in malifaux formally deignated "Kaiju" plants Arguably the toughest since walter white clearly saw what Nekima and Titanina were doing with the place and wisely got the hell out. This may be a reverse infiltration case. maybe a gang lord that's actually a spider? one of Sadako's minions that escaped? Darkblack got so edgy she yandere'd her way into two extra factios? who knows. My bet would be on a second Oni Master/Demonologist that doesn't rely on summoning, and therefore flicker. may allow regular oni with flicker to just casually happen. Colodi's old enough to be a Yokai, right? Maybe. let's go with a soft maybe because it might end in stone golems.it'll probably involve defensive abilities either way.

OUT/TNT: The warlord left to go become Daimyo. what do we do? leave behind a ninja clan of course! Ototo would probably be in charge, and become Hokage Clan head. Nonstop naruto references mostly by players, but still somewhat with the rules because it'll still be mostly quality 90s anime. ecavtly one Ninja Scroll reference will be made, and will be denied until someone gets drunk at gencon after the 4e launch party and just owns up. Sunspotter Guaranteed Fresh'N'Spicy (TM) Called Shot (C) This is going to be a hyper diverse Toobox crew that makes no sense to anyone, so it's called underpowered until someone figures it out and realizes they had to be buffed to flagrantly overpowered within the proper playstyle to even be noticed. I'm saying they'll be the new Gremlins, essentially.

GRM/TNT Somewhere in the anals of a tearoom, deep within the oriental district of malifaux, a teapot goes flying through a window. "WHAT DID I F***ING TELL YOU ABOUT GREMLINS MISAKI" Mei Feng Screams, her voice horse with years of pent feelings "WHAT THE F*** DID I TELL YOU? OH, THE FERMENTED RIVERS LIKE HIS BOOZE. WHAT? THEY DON'T LIKE THE 200 WON BOTTLES OF SACRED F*** SHOCHU WE IMPORT FROM THEIR STUPID G****** TEMPLE? Misaki is simply silent, looking at her still slightly warm Matcha. a black laquer Dango plate has been yoten into the stratosphere, through the roof.. "i SEND MY ASSET TO F***MOTHERING KOREA FOR S*** WE COULD BE SELLING, NOT SUPPLYING, SELLING TO THESE CLUELESS F***ING GWIELO FOR A PROFIT THAT COULD PAY THE TORAKAGE FOR A WEEK OFF THE BACK OF ONE F***ING BOTTLE, AND HIS INJURY WAS SEEN AS A NEEDED COST, MEANWHILE WE HAD TO PUT UP WITH SOME WIERD ASS GREEN EARED GOBLIN S***STAIN THAT ABANDONS US BECAUSE HE'S TOO MUCH OF A LITTLE B**** TO MAKE A F***ING BARLEY SPIRIT FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MY MASTIFF'S CHEW TOY? ARE YOU G**D*** KIDDING ME?" things are now flying. Misaki is hesitant to point out that the teahouse may belong to the thunders, but they'll still have to replace the Braisers. and the Serving Trays. and the Walls. Mei has become incoherent to the point where she starts lapsing between Cantonese, Mandarin, and through some miracle of furious tongues, Vietnamese.  the Table has become airborne. The Vase can't be replaced, but it's Yan Lo's anyways, and he won't shave his stupid beard so screw him. "THE TEN THUNDERS GOING INTO THE SWAMP WAS A MISTAKE MISAKI. THE THUNDERS DON'T MAKE MISTAKES, RIGHT MISAKI? IS THAT WHAT YOU F***ING SAID MISAKI?!?" Mei's voice cracked slightly. Misaki knew she earned every second of this. "THE THUNDERS ARE NOT GOING BACK TO THE F***ING SWAMP!"

somewhere outside, a geisha is too paralyzed with fear to move.this was going down as a terrible first day on the job

RES/ARC HOO BOY LET ME SHOW YOU MY FANFICTIONS

i can't see this as a resser going robot. This would have to be a Steamfitter introducing himself to the amazing world of Undead Amalgamation. this could lead to some really creepy, nearly cyberpunk shit happening. maybe even something truly insane. perhaps even contacting something beyond the grave spirit. it would make Cryx jealous. soulstone tech would probably be involved. Full on helraiser if there were ever an 8th faction (something i feel would be a viable option) this guy's bosses would 100% be in the first wave.of support. my book report comes eventually in Wierdos. the name just got dropped elsewhere because for some reason i love writing metafiction.

And that, quite exhaustively, is what i think of the thread premise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sunspotter said:

❤️GRM/TNT Somewhere in the anals of a tearoom, deep within the oriental district of malifaux, a teapot goes flying through a window. "WHAT DID I F***ING TELL YOU ABOUT GREMLINS MISAKI" Mei Feng Screams, her voice horse with years of pent feelings "WHAT THE F*** DID I TELL YOU? OH, THE FERMENTED RIVERS LIKE HIS BOOZE. WHAT? THEY DON'T LIKE THE 200 WON BOTTLES OF SACRED F*** SHOCHU WE IMPORT FROM THEIR STUPID G****** TEMPLE? Misaki is simply silent, looking at her still slightly warm Matcha. a black laquer Dango plate has been yoten into the stratosphere, through the roof.. "i SEND MY ASSET TO F***MOTHERING KOREA FOR S*** WE COULD BE SELLING, NOT SUPPLYING, SELLING TO THESE CLUELESS F***ING GWIELO FOR A PROFIT THAT COULD PAY THE TORAKAGE FOR A WEEK OFF THE BACK OF ONE F***ING BOTTLE, AND HIS INJURY WAS SEEN AS A NEEDED COST, MEANWHILE WE HAD TO PUT UP WITH SOME WIERD ASS GREEN EARED GOBLIN S***STAIN THAT ABANDONS US BECAUSE HE'S TOO MUCH OF A LITTLE B**** TO MAKE A F***ING BARLEY SPIRIT FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MY MASTIFF'S CHEW TOY? ARE YOU G**D*** KIDDING ME?" things are now flying. Misaki is hesitant to point out that the teahouse may belong to the thunders, but they'll still have to replace the Braisers. and the Serving Trays. and the Walls. Mei has become incoherent to the point where she starts lapsing between Cantonese, Mandarin, and through some miracle of furious tongues, Vietnamese.  the Table has become airborne. The Vase can't be replaced, but it's Yan Lo's anyways, and he won't shave his stupid beard so screw him. "THE TEN THUNDERS GOING INTO THE SWAMP WAS A MISTAKE MISAKI. THE THUNDERS DON'T MAKE MISTAKES, RIGHT MISAKI? IS THAT WHAT YOU F***ING SAID MISAKI?!?" Mei's voice cracked slightly. Misaki knew she earned every second of this. "THE THUNDERS ARE NOT GOING BACK TO THE F***ING SWAMP!"

somewhere outside, a geisha is too paralyzed with fear to move.this was going down as a terrible first day on the job

The thing i love most about this rant is that Mei has her own personal gremlin on payroll, complete with robot pig.:Gremlin::Piglet:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, Sunspotter said:

ARC/GRM: Zipp's adopted brother, whether that is in his own species is up to massive debate. Gremlin constructs. at least one has a flamer and a whisky barrel. Gremlin constructs becomes a thing off the back of this master alone. tournaments for the year weep as everyone knows how to play gremlins now. top 8 one tourney, then get nerferd into a Yucatan-sized impact crater. everyone tacitly admits it deserves it

I dunno. I think the most obvious option is to have Sparks "elevated" like Kaeris, Lucius, Molly, Dashel etc were. Starting out as Henchmen, doing what is necessary (or having it forced upon them) to become Masters themselves.

Sparks is already a Gremlin that spends a tonne of time with Arcanists and Constructs in general. He's the perfect bridge, IMO. 

I'd love a Guild Gremlin. A Gremlin who tries to emulate the Guild and start his own protection racket but gets recruited by the Guild to 'oversee' those parts of the city that are getting a bit too dangerous for Guardsmen.

Mainly because I really want Gremlins but, as the owner of a ton of Guild stuff, there's just no crossover to justify buying them to myself (unlike Arcanist constructs)

• 1 year later...

Almost two years later, Steam Powered Scoundrels inadvertently improved on a post I made and it was hilarious!

https://steampoweredscoundrels.podbean.com/e/steam-powered-scoundrels-episode-17-engorged-johnny/ 

• Haha 1