Aaron

Wyrdscapes

On 21/03/2018 at 11:24 PM, Clockwork_Fish said:

This isn’t so much a criticism as a question, but I’m always leery of enterable buildings in Malifaux.  They end up ignored    a lot of the time.  Am I just doing it wrong?

This depends on the board, and the interior. I've occasionally set up a board so that one of the squat markers is inside the building, I fin its a fun way to stop several of the standard tactics at defending multiple squats. 

It can also be a route to the enemy that is protected from their fire.

But buildings with only 1 entrance are not very useful as enterable. you eitehr get them used as snipers nests or ignored. I find that if the route through the building isn't too AP intensive, and accessing it isn't to much bother for the player (second stories often discourage even looking at what the ground floor is like) then they can offer a different strategic challenge/answer. 

Can us Wyrdo's get an update on this product? Looking forward to them just wondering how to fit them in the budget.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Got our first drop in with prototype boxes which of course need to be updated/changed out (less space, etc), but you should see these hit distributors September/October. Currently being set up for sea shipment. :)

Good in that I'll have time to work through my TOS models, but bad in that it'll be too late for the last big UK show in September.

8 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

I might do a couple contests between now and then to hand out some of what we have on site ..

A most brilliant idea your divine Nathan-ness.  And, might I just say, your most magnificentness, that your avatar is looking extremely high resolution today.  Very sharp and commanding.  Yet, with just the right amount of personal relatabity, necessary in a forum.  

Oh, and if his gracious and infinitely wise and powefulness were to randomly decide to bestow such a gift on some random poster that happened to catch his eye...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

I might do a couple contests between now and then to hand out some of what we have on site ..

Oooooooh... do "person who lives the furthest from home"! I think I can win that one (living in Prague, originally from New Zealand)...

2 minutes ago, gribble said:

Oooooooh... do "person who lives the furthest from home"! I think I can win that one (living in Prague, originally from New Zealand)...

Sorry mate, originally from Sweden, living in New Zealand, I think that's further... 😉

6 minutes ago, emiba said:

Sorry mate, originally from Sweden, living in New Zealand, I think that's further... 😉

It is very close, and depends on where *exactly* in Sweden and NZ, but I think I'm slightly ahead:
image.thumb.png.e64e336f235abc6d4c9f36676a1965e2.pngimage.thumb.png.e5bc51e02a62fde75beb005853a8f422.png

Gothenburg to Christchurch?

I honestly thought Sweden would be both further west and further north compared to Prague.

5 minutes ago, emiba said:

Gothenburg to Christchurch?

I honestly thought Sweden would be both further west and further north compared to Prague.

Yep... that makes a difference. :)

It's always difficult to judge distance accurately on a flat projection of a globe.

image.thumb.png.ca10849b45a9a1dcc0ba9507d0359703.png

BTW, we're both screwed if any of the thousands of kiwis living in London happens to play Malifaux:
Hmmm... pictures not working anymore, must have hit some sort of limit, but the distance is:
18,324 km

😭

12 minutes ago, gribble said:

BTW, we're both screwed if any of the thousands of kiwis living in London happens to play Malifaux:
Hmmm... pictures not working anymore, must have hit some sort of limit, but the distance is:
18,324 km

😭

A friend of mine here in Christchurch is from Yorkshire.

Game over...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, emiba said:

A friend of mine here in Christchurch is from Yorkshire.

Game over...

Oh well, I gave it my best shot. I guess I'll have to settle for a bronze medal.🥉

Actually a table full of Wyrdscapes terrain would look amazing on table 1 of the UK Nationals, the world's biggest Malifaux tournament!

Or maybe I could claim furthest distance travelled in total playing Malifaux? Might be difficult to calculate, but would include Milton Keynes to Gothenburg, Essen and Krakow, in addition to all over the UK on a regular basis.

Well if we talk about competitions, i think we should have one, for the player that flipped the most BJ....
Im sure i would win, it feels like i have more than one deck full of them...