Need Advice: Mad Brewee Grow Up madness

Aleksey

So my crew is slightly weak, that's just a Brewee starter with a couple of assorted gremlins models... and now I widh to stard some kind of Growing League (20 - 50 SS) and just thinking of a sinergy and a list of preffered models...
So my start (20) will have:
Big B. Himself
Fingers as a schemrunner
and a choice of Shinobis or Tanukis as distraction elements...

but when i try to grow up i'll need some oneshoters or swiftkillaz... and so? what do i have:
War Wabbit as a part of Big B's Binge combo, just a guy with opportunity to lend many hits before activation
Pigapult as big shooting bulky piece of... power and piglet transportation
Taxidermist and 3 Stuffie, yea i like them
Sow you know for... piglet things
Ulix and his crew, as a supportive crew for the future
Acaname, Cranky and of cource Wesley...

My quest is to take a load of rosters exactly 20, 25, 30, 40, 50 ss... Non need to overpower:) Just a little madness and overfun:) Let my opponents Laugthingly take off their models:)

• Like 1

Actually, I'm not sure if killy models are the right choice for Brewmaster.

I read that The Sow has some nice synergies with Brewy (and obviously with your Ulix Crew)

If you want to have a strong, killy model, that does not need much Support: Francois, McTavish, Burt Jebsen, Gracie I suppose

Personally, I like to take a slop hauler in most of my crews. Not only for healing but also for lowering my enemies Df so my killy models have an easier time doing the killing.

5 hours ago, Davie said:

I read that The Sow has some nice synergies with Brewy (and obviously with your Ulix Crew)

If you want to have a strong, killy model, that does not need much Support: Francois, McTavish, Burt Jebsen, Gracie I suppose

Personally, I like to take a slop hauler in most of my crews. Not only for healing but also for lowering my enemies Df so my killy models have an easier time doing the killing.

No, killy is just a bonus) but this must be an evily random bonus) like "oopsie, second atack of a charge got triggered and i charge again" and there MUST be models to protect mr.B. Well ad/or give him some time to disturb an opponent's crew) shinobis are great but they need smth like swill to work perfect...

Well... the Sows Terrifying and "Smell Fear" Synergize well with Brewie I think.

You could use Mancha Rojas Challange to protect Brewmaster from getting attacked

aaaand Performers and Trixibelle are considered to be valuable assets to Brewmaster Crews, due to their abilities to push/pull models and their poison.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Davie said:

aaaand Performers and Trixibelle are considered to be valuable assets to Brewmaster Crews, due to their abilities to push/pull models and their poison.

Trixiebelle is also excellent for Brewmaster because of Ill Omens. Brewmaster likes going early in the turn, so being able to cheat initiative is particularly good for keeping the Drinking Contest up, reapplying Swill, and getting cards out of the opponent's hand with Binge.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Davie said:

Yes they are.

Brewie goes very well with kill schemes/strat.

Just swill and see the enemy fall for whatever model you throw at him.

Lucky effigy and desperate mercenaries like big Time working with The Brewmaster

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 10:42 PM, Dominion said:

Yes they are.

Brewie goes very well with kill schemes/strat.

Just swill and see the enemy fall for whatever model you throw at him.

Lucky effigy and desperate mercenaries like big Time working with The Brewmaster

Agreed!

Swill makes average hitting models excellent - so you can get killing mileage out of schemers that also punch.
No need to use dedicated killers in this crew. Although I have found that Swinecursed punch damn hard in a Brewmaster list.

If you've never used Brewmaster before, remember these things;

• His Zero aura is normally a trap, for the Brewmaster player. Don't rely on it, try not to plan around it. Incidentally it can be brutal, but you'll want to be using swill.
    Also means you don't have to worry about going first, or getting stuck in. Although it's nice if you can get it.
  • Swill. Swill swill swill. It makes your average models crazy good, and supercharges Moon Shinobi (although you are already aware!) Best use of the Brewmaster's AP, apart from a strategic Obey.

I'm  not convinced about Binge; you are spending a very important resource (Master AP) to remove an often less important resource (opponent card of opponent's choosing). Also, every use of Binge is an AP not spent on Swill...

Get the whiskey golem  and start using drinking problem 

Papa’s usual list

50 SS Gremlins Crew
The Brewmaster + 3 Pool
 - Drinking "Problem" (2)
 - Running Tab (1)
Apprentice Wesley (3)
Fingers (10)
Whiskey Golem (9)
 - Barrel Up (0)
Tanuki (5)
Tanuki (5)
Moon Shinobi (5)
Moon Shinobi (5)
Moon Shinobi (5)

I change the number of shinobi and tanuki depending on how marker heavy the pool is

• Like 2

I'm  not convinced about Binge; you are spending a very important resource (Master AP) to remove an often less important resource (opponent card of opponent's choosing). Also, every use of Binge is an AP not spent on Swill...

One way around that is putting binge on Sammy instead. I recently picked Sammy up and have a hard time not auto including him to my brewmaster crew because of binge. He basically allows me to spend 1-2 actions a turn on binge next to Brewie's swill.

On 19.02.2018 at 5:01 AM, Cadaver_Junkie said:

Binge is an alternate Obey for your models;) it's a good way to utilize bad cards from hand, and it may be used to same model after atack made... but it cost an upgrade slot, so if you're going to use Pigcharge (like with Warpig in my case) it's not so bad to take it, but otherwise it's not so good idea... 

• Like 2