Noob with Mah Tucket and Brewmaster

starbeet

If you were me...  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I've been looking at the site and watching battle report and decided to start play (Duh)

From what they had at my local store I pick out the fallowing two starters: Mah Tucket and Brewmaster

I think I get the basic of the game but I would like some insight on the fallowing;

Which master do you suggest I focus on first? Brewmaster seem more need for his crew, but Mah Tucket Seem easier.

Are any models or sets could help make my crew mesh better? (for my next purchase) I was think a big to draw the eye and soak-up hits.

Any ideas for a starting list? (other than just use one of the starter sets)

And lastly are the any threats or model types I should keep an eye out for?

Feel free to add any other suggestion or tips you think can be helpful.

Good gaming

I think you should go for Mah Tucket, she is more straight forward when out of the box.
For the same reasons, the models in her box don't rely heavily on other models / synergy to be efficient.

Brewmaster, on the other hand, has a mechanic that requires you to know your models better. Which is not hard, but still, harder than Mah.
So I would play my first 3 games with mah, become familiar with her mechanics and then try the brewmaster :)

Don't forget that several models in both boxes have had errata, mainly the minions have been reduced in price from 6 to 5 SS and that there are some new upgrades from book 5 available for these masters (and all other masters), and in particular Mah needs one of these to be any good.

Edit: I actually think that Mah can use the Moon Shinobi from the Brewmaster box reasonably well as she sometimes boosts their Ml attack, but they can sometimes be hard to wrap your head around, so the Bushwackers are probably easier to start out with.

44 minutes ago, PolishSausage said:

Kin box is your go-to gremlin starter.

It has a bunch of all round good models you will be throwing into your gremlin crews for years to come.

Also need be, you can use the young lacroix as bayous and not many people will know the difference ( as long as you don't use Ophelia as the master )

Now that the Young LaCroix are our only 2ss models, and given their ability to spray scrap markers everywhere via "Here you Go!" and "Plink!", you actually might start seeing them around.

Both masters are not very good for newbie. You better find Zipp or Opelia for first starter. Also buy Burt Jebsen, he's a must for almost any master we have. 

Mah needs big beaters to work well, and they are in other starters. Like Mancha Roja, for example. Mah's minions are quite crappy. And brewmaster is just, well, complicated. Don't get me wrong, tho, both masters are good. Mah is my favorite master, and she's good. Brewie is really fun, and with new GG18, upgrades and errata he became competitive and fun, but still, you'd better find Zipp or Ophelia. Wong works good to. Don't buy Sommers or ulix tho, they need Hella lot of models with them. 

And by Burt regardless of master you are buying, you will not regret it. 

I hope I was helpful. Sorry for broken English.