Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Very nice topic,
I have one question about arcane effigy & beacon... If i put radiance on sandeep... and an other model use beacon for make an Arcane Storm " attack... Doe's this attack have the Effigy condition (burning) ?

and what about GG2018 for best used of sandeep ? It appear to be good in majority of the new strategy... But maybe better in some of them...


Make me thing that maybe we need a new thread with all the 2k18 best boss in best strat ? And certainly a new other thread with best boss choice against other faction ?
I'm a new player and with only 15 game with arcanist, very hard to make some threads like that but i'm sure some of the old player can certainly made that very corectly ^^
Maybe with a rating system (on 10 ?? Maybe via an average system in wich all arcanist can put theyre idea and rating ?

Something like that ?

PLY FOR INFORMATION :ram :
Paired sheme: Surround them

IRONSIDES : x/10
Why:  
Best teammate(s):
Best upgrade(s):
Paired sheme : x/10
Why:

KAERIS : x/10
Why:  
Best teammate(s):
Best upgrade(s):
Paired sheme : x/10
Why:

MARCUS : x/10
Why:  
Best teammate(s):
Best upgrade(s):
Paired sheme : x/10
Why:

SANDEEP DESAI : x/10
Why:  
Best teammate(s):
Best upgrade(s):
Paired sheme : x/10
Why:

MEI FENG : x/10
Why:  
Best teammate(s):
Best upgrade(s):
Paired sheme : x/10
Why:

RAMOS : x/10
Why:  
Best teammate(s):
Best upgrade(s):
Paired sheme : x/10
Why:

RASPUTINA : x/10
Why:  
Best teammate(s):
Best upgrade(s):
Paired sheme : x/10
Why:

COLETTE DU BOIS : x/10
Why:  
Best teammate(s):
Best upgrade(s):
Paired sheme : x/10
Why:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OURS :crow :
Paired sheme: Guarded Treasure

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMBOL OF AUTHORITY :mask :
Paired sheme: Punish the Weak

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PUBLIC EXECUTION :tome :
Paired sheme: Eliminate the Leadership

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPPLY WAGON Joker :
Paired sheme: Guarded Treasure

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hemgath said:

Very nice topic,
I have one question about arcane effigy & beacon... If i put radiance on sandeep... and an other model use beacon for make an Arcane Storm " attack... Doe's this attack have the Effigy condition (burning) ?

and what about GG2018 for best used of sandeep ? It appear to be good in majority of the new strategy... But maybe better in some of them...


Make me thing that maybe we need a new thread with all the 2k18 best boss in best strat ? And certainly a new other thread with best boss choice against other faction ?
I'm a new player and with only 15 game with arcanist, very hard to make some threads like that but i'm sure some of the old player can certainly made that very corectly ^^
Maybe with a rating system (on 10 ?? Maybe via an average system in wich all arcanist can put theyre idea and rating ?
 

The Effigy buff will only apply to Sandeep. 

For your other questions, Its still quite early to say what he does best in 2018. I'm not sure that any of them require a specific set of models for his crew. I would probably consider the interact limited for Ply, symbols and supply wagon, and the combat limited for the others, although it does also depend on what schemes I was going for. 

I don't see any of them drastically requiring him to change what he plans to do. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Adran said:

The Effigy buff will only apply to Sandeep. 

 

That's how I've always played it, but I'm not sure that's correct. Sandeep would get the following condition:

 

Radiance: Models which are damaged by one of this model's Attack Actions must discard a card after the current Action is resolved or gain the Burning +1 Condition.

 

RAW I believe Sandeep's attack actions would cause burning+1 if the opponent doesn't discard a card regardless of who takes the action because the Attack Action is still "one of Sandeep's Attack Actions." In order for Sandeep's Attack Actions taken by other models to not be affected by the Radiance Condition I would think it should be written like this:

 

Radiance: Models which are damaged by Attack Actions taken by this model must discard a card after the current Action is resolved or gain the Burning +1 Condition.

 

Unless there's an FAQ that I'm neglecting here, I think the other models should still do the Radiance thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hemgath said:

and what about GG2018 for best used of sandeep ? It appear to be good in majority of the new strategy... But maybe better in some of them...

 

I haven't tried it yet but I think that Visions Sandeep might be better than Commands Sandeep for Ply For Information. 
- He gets a Paralyze on his Gada attack. Paralyze is usually nice but in Ply it's great.
- You can summon in a Gamin that forces enemies to discard 2 cards to interact. This makes it harder for your opponent to get the condition on  many of his models. Toss a December Acolyte in the crew and it will be even harder.
- You can summon in a Gamin that can interact the turn it is summoned. This lets Sandeep drop a Gamin next to a model that has already activated late in the turn to pick up an unexpected Gathered Information.

 

Sandeep's normal abilities also bring tools that are good for Ply. "The Mind Among The Senses" gives him a way to move enemy and friendly models, "The Path To Salvation" lets models get out of engagement and closer to a model that doesn't already have the condition, and "As Your Deed, So Your Destiny" gives models some extra AP efficiency to get in place and Interact (especially if you have a mask to spare).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/1/2018 at 5:54 PM, so_diogenes said:

Unless there's an FAQ that I'm neglecting here, I think the other models should still do the Radiance thing.

I think a similar debate popped up in resser thread regarding asura roten's (buffed with nurses +2dmg) attacks taken by other models would make the +2dmg with no clear RAW answer. Despite the brokeness of the result if the buff applied like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had a tournament this weekend which included a game with Close Deployment, Public Executions, and a very aggressive scheme pool versus Ressers and I decided based on that to do something a little interesting:

Sandeep (A Moment of Weakness, Tutelage, Unaligned Sage)

Amina Naidu (Warding Runes)

Valedictorian (Warding Runes)

Greed (Well Rehearsed)

Arcane Effigy

Union Steamfitter

Mobile Toolkit (I just brought this because I didn't want to give points for a model dying, and also to buff Val as needed).

My opponent went for Horror Molly with 3 Belles, Sybelle, Anna, and the Graveyard Spirit. I ended up going for Take One for the Team on the Steamfitter and Show of Force, he took Vendetta (a Belle vs Steamfitter) and Dig Their Graves, and I won 7-5! I only got 2 VP out of Take One when my Steamfitter got taken out too early thanks to the Lure train, but got max VP on Show of Force.

What really excited me though is how well A Moment of Weakness worked though! Since I didn't want to summon multiple fragile models (especially since he can counter-summon the Student of Steel) I really didn't want a summoning upgrade, but on turn 3 Sandeep managed to beat to death a summoned Student of Steel, summoning Banasuva off the trigger and having it beat up Anna afterwards. Seems like an excellent upgrade for this sort of setup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, retnab said:

What really excited me though is how well A Moment of Weakness worked though! Since I didn't want to summon multiple fragile models (especially since he can counter-summon the Student of Steel) I really didn't want a summoning upgrade, but on turn 3 Sandeep managed to beat to death a summoned Student of Steel, summoning Banasuva off the trigger and having it beat up Anna afterwards. Seems like an excellent upgrade for this sort of setup!

I'm glad to hear that Moment of Weakness worked out for you. It's an upgrade I really wanted to like. When I've tried that upgrade I always came away with the feeling that if I was going to beat on things with the Gada, I should have just taken Commands. I would have been worried to take it into Public Executions since there's a lot of burning getting tossed around. 

Did you find that you were mostly attacking with Arcane Storm and just using the Gada when you wanted to summon or reposition Banasuva?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much, I only used the Gada once and that was against a Molly summon so it only took one hit to kill (I had a 12:tome in hand to use as well, but I flipped a mid :tome and my opponent didn't try to stop it). The rest of the time it was all Arcane Storms with some The Greed Spreads and Mountains of Paperworks borrowed as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×