Woke up with a metal Cass missing her sword. This bodes ill for today.

iamfanboy

Okay, TECHNICALLY I woke up at 5ish to a text alert on my wife's phone that I couldn't find - turns out it was just a weather alert - but two hours later, when I heard a skittering sound across the hardwood floor and heard her say "Oh, no... Aaron?" I had a feeling that bad things had happened.

Yesterday, we had friends over to paint miniatures, so my paints and other stuff were on the kitchen table, rather than in my studio. I pulled Cassandra off the shelf to make sure that the Coryphee matched her dress (I wanted them dressed the same as her, like my Mannequins match my Performers), but my paintboner evaporated five minutes after applying brush to mini so I set it aside and didn't clean up right away when our friends left (because we had to leave the house, but excuses excuses). So I have no idea when Cass took her tumble - was it during the night and a cat knocked her over? This morning, when I scootched the table back to its normal location and started picking up my painting stuff?

And her sword/hands are missing.

We swept the floor. We moved furniture - even the fridge. We even checked the living room, because my wife's kick had propelled Cass a fair distance.

Nothing. It is gone.

I am... disappointed. Not upset or angry, not really, because it is an unfortunate amount of my own damn fault.

I mean, it's not like I'm going to be able to play Malifaux any time soon; my local gamestore closed down and my friends who play the game either moved two hours away or don't have time, but... losing it still doesn't make me happy.

Sorry for posting something so relatively unimportant, but I just needed to say SOMETHING about it. If it doesn't show up in a day or two, I may make a new Cass out of the TTB minis, or possibly post in the trade forum, but for right now... *sigh*

Bye, Cass. I guess that Carlos will be taking your place if I do get a chance to play any time soon.

malifaux-arcanist henchman cassandra.jpg

I definitely understand the urge to post when a piece of a favorite mini just vanishes. I still check the lost minis’n’bits box at the game store even though Hoffman lost an arm from his harness over a month ago. Not one of the little arms, either. Just into the case one week, open it up the next, boom, gone.