Rogue Necros and Pack

Fluffaluffacus

So I'm very technical about wording and perhaps the years of Card games have told me to break things. But I want to be sure.

Pack
Hunting in Pairs: When this model has the opportunity to move due to the stalked condition, a friendly model withing 6" may immediately take a walk action.

Now. Is this if the model TOOK the walk action only, or if they had the opportunity to take it and for some reason didn't. Lets say they were completely tied up. Could the other model move even if the Rogue Necro didn't take the walk?

The larger question here is if you take two Rogue Necros and both have pack, Can they hunt in pairs each other and then one of them take the Stalked walk action since they both had the Opportunity to take the stalked triggered walk action, but only one gets to actually take it.

The RN does not have to walk for the other model to get to walk.

Your question about having two separate RN each with Pack is interesting. So RN A has the opportunity to walk so RN B (within 6") gets a free walk and stays within 6" of RN A. Then RN B has the opportunity to walk and RN A gets a free walk. i don't see anything rules wise that would stop that from working. If they both had the same target and you can keep them within 6" of each other they could both get a free walk at the same time I believe.

Nasty little combo, if expensive. I'm also in favor of My Little Helper on the RN, so it would be hard to give that up really. It really helps the fragile RN last long enough to do it's thing. 

54 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Only one model has an actual opportunity to walk if several models with the Stalk action are in the list when someone has the Stalked condition walks or charges. It says One model may take a walk so two models can impossibly have the opportunity.

Ah, then they just need separate targets. Not the same target. Each has a different target and at the end of each targets activation one of them could stalk. Heck, you could slingshot one RN up the board unexpectedly. 

Yeah, if two models are stalked then each necro can give the other a free walk for a turbo fast necro pair.

It's just that I've seen people try to claim that both necromancies had the theoretical opportunity off a single stalk to move two models with two of these upgrades when the opponent moved a single model.

14 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Yeah, if two models are stalked then each necro can give the other a free walk for a turbo fast necro pair.

It's just that I've seen people try to claim that both necromancies had the theoretical opportunity off a single stalk to move two models with two of these upgrades when the opponent moved a single model.

Yep - that's what I get for responding without re-reading the actual abilities. :) Could be a potent combo, but I've found RN fragile as they are big targets and their low Df blows. Once they are below half wounds they are just average. I've recently been using Yan Lo and Sun Quiang and with that much healing they may stay alive longer. Sun Quiang having WP duels also combines nicely with the RN Smell Fear. 

• Like 1

I've been eyeing the errata of lead lined coat for when McMourning borrows them for official business... Impossible/hard to wound goes well with armour. Edit: I forgot the insane restrictions on LLC, think it's living only.

I don't have a big enough resser collection to play an effective 50ss list in the proper faction yet. Emphasis on the "yet" there. :) 

• Like 1