Nellie is not dead

ElPuto

On 16.01.2018 at 7:55 AM, ElPuto said:

After the errata, Nellie with Mercs will be seen as weak, 'cause her best choices got nerfed with a point cost growth

lolwat

Bishop was the go to pick from the begining and he is just better now. Trapper can be easily changed for Hans now, Mctavish was not as good and I prefered to pick Hannah instead of him. Performers are still 5ss.
For me Nellie got slightly better as good models are cheaper now and new scheme pool is fine for her.
You can also spam gg to fill that activations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinalForm said:

lolwat

Bishop was the go to pick from the begining and he is just better now. Trapper can be easily changed for Hans now, Mctavish was not as good and I prefered to pick Hannah instead of him. Performers are still 5ss.
For me Nellie got slightly better as good models are cheaper now and new scheme pool is fine for her.
You can also spam gg to fill that activations.

Not saying she is weak now, but increased costs for burt, McTav and Johan definitely hurt my Nellie lists.  Bishop was second tier for me.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ElPuto said:

Has anyone ever thought about Papa Loco with Nellie? She can move stuff around, and place him 8". She can out-activate her opponent, so it's easier to land a devastating Papa-boom.

I've run a list with nellie, emissary, papa, sam and a death marshall.  I would bury sam with the DM, and bury (a fast) papa with the emissary, and move it up to be near the enemy once they were done activating.  At the start of the activation, I would drop a couple flaming bullets then drop papa into their laps.  Either their hands were empty so that papa tore them up, or they were at negative flips so they couldn't cheat.  Tore up lists that tended to bunch up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Damn... That sounds evil! ;)

It is avoidable if you know to look for it.  Papa's blast just isn't that big, and if you get what is coming, you will spend cards to beat the flaming bullets.  It also is pretty card intensive on the hand on the guild player (2 nines for flaming bullets, plus more if you can't get papa away from the emissary).  

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2018 at 1:13 PM, 4thstringer said:

Yeah.  When you give him fast you also cheat or stone for the tome.   Transperancy to drop a marker.  (I got the idea from the Nellie scenes and stones ep.)

I'm not sure you can do that? Transparency only gives the trigger to Attack Actions, and the fast action from Delegation is a Tactical.

Though it shouldn't be too hard to get him a scheme marker some other way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Damn you are right, will have to propaganda him into position too.

Yeah - but then you can also use the heal trigger on "Assignments, People!" to heal the damage done. That does cost another Evidence, but it's probably worth it to get that many McTavish shots in return.

7 hours ago, Meliondor said:

Welll...is Mc Tav still woth it for 11 stones?

I think Johan and Burt are out, because the prices are reasonable now...and reasonable does not mean "great" :-(.

Johan is playable, maybe less than before, but still useful.

Burt is still a beast, so no problem here.

McTavish is a fine ranged piece, maybe a bit overpriced right now. 10 points was perfect for him.

I think the crews that relied on McTavish will still use McTavish.  He has unique abilities that cannot be otherwise replicated.  Given that the Guild has access to no shortage of melee beatsticks, I think the fact that Burt is no longer undercosted for his ability will start to hurt him... that and his 1" melee will start to make him look unattractive in comparison.

Johan is definitely too expensive at 7, and his abilities can be done through other models that Guild has access to.

On 18.1.2018 at 3:09 AM, FinalForm said:

Did anyone realy used McT with Nellie that much and if yes- for what reason?

I did at least in every second list I had for Nellie, because:

- he can shoot into combats,

- ignores cover,

- all of that with a decent 14" range,

- is quite mobile,

-durable through stones and cover vs everything,

- has a good ml attack with nice range

- and can eat markers where I don`t want them (schemes and corpses/scraps alike, Reva comes to mind).

All around great model, can do it all ;)

11stones might make me reconsider his use in some games, but he`s definitely not worthless now.

As a side note to other comments - Bishop was always very squishy for his steep cost, I took him when I absolutely needed more potential 4 ap models, but that wasn`t very often.

I think he`s certainly a winner though at -1 now, the 1stone LLC might also be interesting on him.

Don`t see what Hannah brings to a list except a very expensive hand card though?

Oh, and @topic - Neliie is most certainly not dead, but I`m very glad that other masters are viable again in 2018 because playing only one master in every game for a whole year can become quite boring, after a while :P

• Like 1