Monday Preview - Bayou Bash Pig Rider

Nef

On 16/01/2018 at 7:03 PM, Gnomezilla said:
On 16/01/2018 at 2:10 AM, solkan said:

Fascinating collection of alternate sculpts that don't come on the correct base sizes to be used in a Malifaux.  :P

Sure they do—the bases stack perfectly atop 30mm lipped bases. Just have to remember, when picking them up, that they aren’t attached. Ask me how I know...

Aren't Warpigs on 50mm bases ?

5 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Yes sure they stack but the proprotions of wa rpig fitting on a 30mm are not the same the ones needed for 50mm base war pig.

Don't understand what you are saying. The only proportion needed is the base size. If I base a model on a 30 mm base, but stack that base in a 40 mm base (or even a 50 mm base)for game play purposes, that  is a perfectly fine thing to do. 

13 minutes ago, Adran said:

Don't understand what you are saying. The only proportion needed is the base size. If I base a model on a 30 mm base, but stack that base in a 40 mm base (or even a 50 mm base)for game play purposes, that  is a perfectly fine thing to do. 

Sorry for not being clear. Of course it is perfectly fine in terms of gameplay.

However, if the Bayou Bash model is supposed to go on a 30mm, it means that its size is defined in order to be smaller than if it was to be on 50mm. So the war pig proxy will be much smaller than the official one and not on scale compared to the other models in your Malifaux crew. I was merely pointing out that, although the Bayou Bash models seem gorgeous and fun, they may not be that good looking as Malfaux proxies.

Did I misunderstand anything?

Cheers, understood. yes, you may have scale issues. That may matter to some people. but I'm not one of those. I like the Lady J puppet crew, and I'm also happy with the apparent scale differences that horses in the game do/don't have. My metal warpig and War Wrabbit are fairly different sized already. 

• 4 months later...
39 minutes ago, ShavenSkaven said:

Can anyone say for sure if Bayou Bash can be played on a custom 3x3 board? I am making a pretty intricate dirt track for Gaslands and would love to be able to play Bash on it too!

I can see it being possible, but it would take some work, such as dividing the board into a lot of spaces.