Monday Preview - Bayou Bash Pig Rider

Nef

2 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

Will be models from this game playable at Malifaux as alt models?

Your proxy rules are up to your local community.

2 hours ago, WalkingInBlack said:

What will the sizes of the models in Bayou Bash game be, will they be the same size as Malifaux models?

Roughly the same sizes.

• Like 1

Well, the only thing that defines official proxies are the Gaining Grounds document, and they're not in 2018. That would mean that they could show up in 2019, but I don't want to make any promises at this stage.

That said, as usual, TOs can allow in what they please. Some of these are obvious proxies, so shouldn't cause a headache.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, solkan said:

I think the first Malifaux tournament I attended had people using the Puppet Wars figures as alt versions of the Malifaux models.  And there's nothing concerning that in Gaining Grounds.  :tome:blast

A puppet Lady Justice is still Lady Justice - just another alt sculpt!

I still have full Malifaux crews for Lady J and Seamus - must dust them off and use them again as they look great!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clousseau said:

A puppet Lady Justice is still Lady Justice - just another alt sculpt!

Fascinating collection of alternate sculpts that don't come on the correct base sizes to be used in a Malifaux.  :P

Yeah, I own both the plastic and metal Puppet Wars figures (not that I ever expect to see a Puppet Lucius...); and I've used Puppet Wars figures to play Malifaux.  But they are in no way Malifaux "alternate sculpts".  They're models for a different game by the same company that happen to work perfectly.  ^_^

Anyway, the point I was trying to make in the previous post, that I think I left off, was that if the figures end up being anywhere close to the right sizes, they're going to get used. :)  

I haven’t seen a single photo from PAX Unplugged, but then I follow Wyrd-focused info streams and not general gaming. :(

16 hours ago, solkan said:

Fascinating collection of alternate sculpts that don't come on the correct base sizes to be used in a Malifaux.  :P

Sure they do—the bases stack perfectly atop 30mm lipped bases. Just have to remember, when picking them up, that they aren’t attached. Ask me how I know...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aaron said:

It's actually a bunch of track pieces that you can arrange in different ways, so there are a lot of potential tracks.

Great, thanks! With the hype in my community, if we join all the pieces we could built the Daytona circuit 1:1. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1