Need Advices on Sandeep

TeddyBear

1 hour ago, Rillan said:

When u come to play with someone say magic words and everything will be fine. Magic words are - "Arcanists! I'm going to play Sandeep" After this your opponent will surrender ;P

Sandeep's effect?!?

1 hour ago, Rillan said:

Seriously what advice u need ? Take models u like + some gamins and gg wp.

Seriously eh?? :P If it was that easy! Then, it was all written on Pmf!! ^_^

Joking apart,

Are there some better models compared to others, with Sandeep?

Any "Tricks" or "Interesting synergies"? Some "tech"? (i don't speak about some hogwash like incorporeal Howard, discard imbued energies= alpha strike...no matter how funny!)

When it would be better, use "weakest moment" instead of his classic two (evocations) upgrades?

2 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

When it would be better, use "weakest moment" instead of his classic two (evocations) upgrades?

I don't think there's ever a time that it's a better choice.  I like the idea of the upgrade but you just give up too much flexibility for no real gain.

It makes you use the weak Gada close attack and get a suit that isn't built in to summon Banasuva. If you want to play a melee Sandeep that only summons Banasuva you are probably better off taking "To Command Another Plane" to get the 3/4/5 damage track on the Gada and just forgetting that you can summon other Gamin.

• Like 2

Sandeep - Upgrade choices used to be combat gamin or schemey gamin. Not sure how his non-summoning limited fits in. When you summon you need to plan what you summon and what Upgrade you want it to have. It may be useful for this turn, but is it still useful next turn or are you going towish thta you havd the upgrade elsewhere to use. 

Action transfer - Sandeep allows several models to copy up to 4 actions from his card. Hire models that can take advantage of those. And when you use the models remember to consider if you want them to use a sandeep action. Also remember that using one of Sandeeps actions might allow Sandeep to take an action. You want to plan this, as you don't want to miss out on Master AP, but it might be the case that you don't always want to act the first chance you get. 

Hiring - Sandeep is allowed to hire out of Faction Academics.

This leads to a lot of options to look at on an activation by activation basis, and why it can make it hard to write a Sandeep tactica. Bujt it is also one of the reasosn he is hard to face

• Like 1

It's not a trick that has anything to do with crew building or tactics but I have found it useful to make myself a cheat sheet for the abilities that Sandeep can lend out via his Beacon ability.

Mines not very fancy but it gets the job done. I have it printed out and sleeved so that I can keep track of what I've used each turn. I've also put in the adjusted Ca values for the abilities and some notes on what the ability does so that I don't have to keep picking up Sandeep's card.

YuxedTT.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I don't think there's ever a time that it's a better choice.  I like the idea of the upgrade but you just give up too much flexibility for no real gain.

when i was rereading what i wrote realize: maybe vs pandora??  

9 minutes ago, Adran said:

Action transfer - Sandeep allows several models to copy up to 4 actions from his card. 

But only one action, once per turn, right?

6 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Not quite. He has 4 abilities that can be borrowed. They can each be used by other models once per turn. No model may use more than one of Sandeep's abilities per turn

Whoa! it's soo cool!! 

edit. i didn't realize this: because from stat card (may not be taken by any models...)

9 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

when i was rereading what i wrote realize: maybe vs pandora??  

I guess that having no projectile attacks and a crappy close attack does make Self Loathing and Self Harm less useful against Sandeep. I guess the other time it shines is if you are expecting to be facing something that puts you a negative flips to Ca actions and really want to be able to bring out Banasuva. You'd probably be better off just trying to stay out of range of those effects though. 

23 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

At this point i wonder: certainly, sandeep is master that consume faster player's hand...

Is there a good drawing cards engine among arcanists? (one thing like dreamer + will 'o wisp + teddy)

Sandeep goes through a lot of cards. It's even worse in an Academic heavy crew because most of them have abilities that require discards (I think that the Sanctioned Spellcaster is the only one that doesn't). I don't think that Arcanists have a good card draw engine but there's a few things that can help with the hand.

Kudra has a built-in Df and Wp trigger that allows her to draw a card after taking damage from an enemy/
Unaligned Sage has a tactical action that allows Sandeep to suffer 1 damage to draw a card when other friendly academics discard cards. This does eat up Sandeep's zero action to keep it running.
Arcane Reservoir increases Sandeep's hand size but takes up one of his 3 upgrade slots.
Shastar Vidya Card can draw a card when he cheats fate in a Df duel once per turn.
Steamfitter allows you to pull good cards off the top of the discard pile.

Mercs:
Hannah gives Arcane Reservoir expanding the hand size.
Anna gives Rush of Magic that allows you to draw one and discard one.
Sue can take a damage to draw a card.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Unaligned Sage has a tactical action that allows Sandeep to suffer 1 damage to draw a card when other friendly academics discard cards. This does eat up Sandeep's zero action to keep it running.

Thanks! At first sight this looks like the better option in my opinion.. 

But, can he suffer one damage every time that a friendly academic discard a card in that turn?? (so plus damages plus cards?)

I got a brialliant trick in my head with sandeep..very strong for gg2018..if it works...:huh:

I guess this would qualify as a trick with Sandeep.

Activate Arcane Effigy.
Effigy borrows one of Sandeep's abilities with Beacon and makes sure there's a :tome in the duel total.
Sandeep discards a card to summon a Gamin near the Effigy (within 2 inches). 
Effigy uses Cleanse Fate to remove the Slow condition from the newly summoned Gamin.
Effigy uses Accomplice to chain activate the freshly summoned Gamin

The Oxfordian Mages also have something of a trick to get around randomizing when shooting into combat (requires target to be within 6 inches of Sandeep).

Activate Oxfordian Mage.
Discard a card for Furious Casting.
For the first attack borrow Arcane Storm from Sandeep (it's not a Projectile attack). It has a built in :tome so assuming it does damage Sandeep can discard to take a 1AP action.
Sandeer uses "The Sight Beyond" (requires Unaligned Sage upgrade)
Oxfordian Mage makes his next two attacks without randomization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Thanks! At first sight this looks like the better option in my opinion.. 

But, can he suffer one damage every time that a friendly academic discard a card in that turn?? (so plus damages plus cards?)

I got a brialliant trick in my head with sandeep..very strong for gg2018..if it works...:huh:

It's limited to once per activation. If you have 3 Oxfordian Mages that are all Furious casting, Sandeep can take 3 damage to draw three cards.

Sandeep's "The Mind Against the Senses" has a trigger on :ram that heals for two. It doesn't need to be used on enemy models so it can heal even if you use the ability to push a friendly. It's probably worth hanging on to a mid value :ram if you are planning on swapping a lot of Sandeep's Wds for cards over the course of a game.

This is the Sandeep list I've by toying with. I want to swap Kudra for the Valedictorian once I get the model:

Sandeep Arcane Reservoir, Unaligned Sage, To Behold Another

Cassandra Smoke and Mirrors

Kudra Free of Mortal Shackles

3 Oxfordian Mages Wards and Temp. Shielding.

3 Wind Gamin

You mostly want to sit and shoot with your mages and Sandeep. Cassie and Kudra / Valedictorian and the gamin provide you with some close up muscle if you need it. You likewise have a bunch of movement tricks between Sandeep, the gamin and Cassandra. Cassandra can understudy the mages, and the mages can cast arcane storm, so you have a lot of options per ap.  

Nope. Its just something people expect to be on there :D

As for some actual helpful advice - A lot of Sandeeps abilities that can be borrowed either need suits or have very nice triggers.  Using models that can add suits to their actions can really help with this.  Mages can add tomes as mentioned above, but don't forget that Steamfitters add the suit they discard and Bishop (if you want to join me on the Jank train) can chose a suit to add to his duels at the start of his activation.

• Like 3

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, Euclid said:

Nope. Its just something people expect to be on there :D

I don't understand, if this comment, is refferred to me?!?

if it was: i'm just to clarify which i thought: that only one model could have used only one action from sandeep, once per turn.

(apart my difficulty with english..:( ) Anyone who knows italian language know also that traduction from english, often may take different meanings..

if i read: "an action taken in this way may not be taken again via Beacon by any models in this crew" for me, it could mean precisely one time by one model.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, Euclid said:

As for some actual helpful advice - A lot of Sandeeps abilities that can be borrowed either need suits or have very nice triggers.  Using models that can add suits to their actions can really help with this.  Mages can add tomes as mentioned above, but don't forget that Steamfitters add the suit they discard and Bishop (if you want to join me on the Jank train) can chose a suit to add to his duels at the start of his activation.

Many thanks for advice, you know any other models with this ability?

But other than that, what do you think about some tormented mercenaries, like greed or pride or lust? With "tutelage" could be made some interesting actions??

13 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

I don't understand, if this comment, is refferred to me?!?

if it was: i'm just to clarify which i thought: that only one model could have used only one action from sandeep, once per turn.

(apart my difficulty with english..:( ) Anyone who knows italian language know also that traduction from english, often may take different meanings..

if i read: "an action taken in this way may not be taken again via Beacon by any models in this crew" for me, it could mean precisely one time by one model.

Lots of people seem to play Sandeep as if each model can only use a "Beacon action" once per turn . Its actually there are 4 Beacon actions, and its possible that you could have 1 model do all four of them (if it was instinctual) meaning no -one else could use any. The once limitation is on each one of Sandeeps actions, not on the acting model. 

I'm not sure why you have specified Tormented mercs. I can't see any extra advantage to the tormented, unless you are refering to the fact that all the crossroads 7 having a good once per turn action for sandeep to copy.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

But other than that, what do you think about some tormented mercenaries, like greed or pride or lust? With "tutelage" could be made some interesting actions??

I've brought Greed and Lust with Tutelage before and both of them work really good with it!  iMO the choice is whether you need the place effects or the damage more.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Adran said:

Lots of people seem to play Sandeep as if each model can only use a "Beacon action" once per turn . Its actually there are 4 Beacon actions, and its possible that you could have 1 model do all four of them (if it was instinctual) meaning no -one else could use any. The once limitation is on each one of Sandeeps actions, not on the acting model. 

Thanks a lot Adran!:)

I'm in doubt now.. and i'm sorry, if it is an inane question (but my meta is relatively small, and for the moment no one play sandeep)

ok,  i can use one action from Sandeep with every model in 12 at -1ca..

but if i use (once time) for example (0)As your deed, so your destiny with one model, can i use the same action with another model (also once time per turn)? 

or (to be clear) only 4 models may benefit from sandeep actions?

41 minutes ago, Adran said:

I'm not sure why you have specified Tormented mercs. I can't see any extra advantage to the tormented, unless you are refering to the fact that all the crossroads 7 having a good once per turn action for sandeep to copy.

This is my mistake, i meant to say crossroads 7