GG2018 & The Neverborn

INXVI

Hey, so there's been a lot of negativity around certain factions and how they weigh up in certain scheme pools. So, rather than focussing on the disadvantages, I thought I'd make a thread highlighting tactics and benefits we learnt from the new schemes and strats as time passes. 

I had a game today, testing out a list for a tournament I'm participating in next weekend. The strategy was Ply For Information, so I ran Lilith, Graves, Doppel, Tannen, Lilitu & Barbaros, with a couple of other models. I feel that Barbaros is really strong here, I cheated iniative with the Doppel, before putting up Barbaros' challenge aura and gaining intel from a model around him. This meant the enemy model couldn't interact with Barbaros, and to gain intel, they usually had to pass the TN 14 WP Duel, which became a way of depleting the opponents hand. When combined with Rooting, Tannens Cooler (he was killed first after my opponent realised how frustrating Chatty & Cooler were) Lilitu's 4' whip and other elements, it was interesting to see how it played out. 

I haven't really tried any other tactics for the new year, but how is everyone else sizing up these new schemes and strats? If you have any good concepts, tactics or just advice for everyone, feel free to share. 

Hope this thread helps :D

Pandora with fugue state and misery spam could be disgusting in ply for information. Especially since ply counts as a condition for summoning. 

Grootslang is perfect for wagon pushing in Supply.

Colloddi could use doll collection and emissary in Ours to move 10 pts to whatever quarter you need, without your opponent being able to do anything about it.

16 hours ago, Angelshard said:

Pandora with fugue state and misery spam could be disgusting in ply for information. Especially since ply counts as a condition for summoning. 

It is! :) Tried that last weekend with a great success. Also, don't forget your Doppelganger.

From the games I've played so far.

Changeling is great to carry Vendetta and name a weak low cost model as the target. Lilith/Lilitu/Beckoner can get the target where you need it to be and Changeling can borrow a beaters weapon to score full Points in one Activation.

Lilith/Lilitu/Beckoner can also be great for Set Up.

Lilith is a strong choice for Undercover Entourage.

Lucius Hidden Sniper Upgrade can be good for Inescapable Trap.

The Cherubs 3" Aura for reduced cost Interactions is great in Ply for Information and Supply Wagons.

On paper I thought Terror Tots would be great for Symbols of Authority but in the 2 games I've tried them they still struggled. I'm thinking about models with Leap (Silurids and Gupps maybe) or maybe Tuco using From the Shadows.

• Like 1