The Jury

Lugonn

I played her only with lucius near austringer is a pain in the a** for the opponent! As a plus I get a  relialable condition removal with an heal as a plus, Also with lawyers I stack fees on enemy beaters, absolutely useful! Gotta try it with MM, he has useful mask trigger, she can heal the poison from injection and she get along with the nurses the doctor brings with him

Overall never dissappointed from her

• Like 1

I've used the Jury a lot since she's been released, mostly with Perdita and Lady J.  She's let me use Obey more often, boost Perdita's damage reliably, and turned Santiago into a MurderDeath Machine in one game.  Lady J and the DM Recruiter really appreciate the extra Masks too.  I think I'm going to take Hofsinser's advice and use her more aggressively. 

On ‎17‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 7:45 PM, jchrisobrien said:

I've used the Jury a lot since she's been released, mostly with Perdita and Lady J.  She's let me use Obey more often, boost Perdita's damage reliably, and turned Santiago into a MurderDeath Machine in one game.  Lady J and the DM Recruiter really appreciate the extra Masks too.  I think I'm going to take Hofsinser's advice and use her more aggressively. 

Jury add mask for triggers, not for TN.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Austringer/Jury combo in a Lucius crew against Reva. It really crippled my opponent to not be able to cheat fromantic turn two onwards. He is known to have great hands and seeing what he discarded made me giddy!

I also played it against Titania. My opponent was none to pleased.

I had a Rifleman in the crew, but I think I'll leave him in the box next time around. 

• Like 3

That's a lot of resources to ditch cards.  14 stones of models (plus whatever upgrades on Jury), and ditching two cards for masks on the attack (plus cheating whatever to hit, if you need to) in order to make my opponent discard his four worst cards... sure it can be good, but it's hardly a NPE.  It's only a NPE in the sense that it deprives my opponent of the ability to make choices.  That said, spending an Austringer activation ditching cards instead of delivering orders, or killing scheme runners isn't always ideal, and keeping a henchman in babysitting aura range certainly limits the usefulness of that model.  Honestly, the only way I think that's viable is with two Austringers, because then you can more or less guarantee ditching their whole hand... but then that's 20+ stones dedicated to a discarding engine... that requires you to ditch at least three cards to work.  I thought it looked cool at first, too, but I'm less enthused now.

I have to agree with the General here, it's a pretty hefty investment and austringers go down fast if someone is looking to kill them so it's hardly gamebreaking. With their decent sh iu can usually win duels by topdecking quite modest mask values, especially if going for a model with 2 or 3 defence so I don't think iu will always need to invest so many cards from your own hand.

21 hours ago, jchrisobrien said:

I agree it's pretty situational.  It's worth it if you are playing against a summoner who wants a hand full of high cards; I don't think you would dedicate all your AP to draining cards. 

I guess that's my point, though.  If you force a summoner to ditch cards, he's just going to ditch the ones he doesn't need to summon.  The only way to really hamper them, is to force them to ditch the whole hand.  If you only use one AP, they'll ditch their 5 or 6 of tomes... but the Jack and King of Crows are staying unless you dedicate more to that effort.  Sure, those lower cards might be useful for other things, but you haven't stopped the summoner from summoning.  If the whole point of using the Austringer/Jury combo is that it's good against summoners, then you have to do it early in the turn (before they can summon), when they have more cards in hand, and since they get to choose what to discard, you have to do it until the hand is gone, otherwise they will keep the cards they need to summon at the expense of everything else.  Honestly, I think it might even be the least viable in a summoner matchup, unless your plan is to dedicate 3 AP (and potentially cards for masks) to ditch their whole hand.

I think the better matchup for Austringer/Jury is actually vs. a dedicated combat master.  Someone who is likely to activate later in a turn, who maybe has a smaller hand before their activation.  If Mei Fing or Ironsides are going to be the last model to activate in a turn, and they have a hand of two high cards left, sending a Raptor at some Df4 mook to make them ditch their best cards right before they get stuck in can be devastating.  That's maximum effect for minimum effort.  Another situation is actually against our own Sonnia, or Lady J, who often have to discard cards for necessary effects, and forcing Sonnia to discard below her ability to use Confiscated Lore can be really damaging for her.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2018 at 6:58 PM, The Governor-General said:

I guess that's my point, though.  If you force a summoner to ditch cards, he's just going to ditch the ones he doesn't need to summon.  The only way to really hamper them, is to force them to ditch the whole hand.  If you only use one AP, they'll ditch their 5 or 6 of tomes... but the Jack and King of Crows are staying unless you dedicate more to that effort.  Sure, those lower cards might be useful for other things, but you haven't stopped the summoner from summoning.  If the whole point of using the Austringer/Jury combo is that it's good against summoners, then you have to do it early in the turn (before they can summon), when they have more cards in hand, and since they get to choose what to discard, you have to do it until the hand is gone, otherwise they will keep the cards they need to summon at the expense of everything else.  Honestly, I think it might even be the least viable in a summoner matchup, unless your plan is to dedicate 3 AP (and potentially cards for masks) to ditch their whole hand.

I think the better matchup for Austringer/Jury is actually vs. a dedicated combat master.  Someone who is likely to activate later in a turn, who maybe has a smaller hand before their activation.  If Mei Fing or Ironsides are going to be the last model to activate in a turn, and they have a hand of two high cards left, sending a Raptor at some Df4 mook to make them ditch their best cards right before they get stuck in can be devastating.  That's maximum effect for minimum effort.  Another situation is actually against our own Sonnia, or Lady J, who often have to discard cards for necessary effects, and forcing Sonnia to discard below her ability to use Confiscated Lore can be really damaging for her.

I honestly feel its the other way around. My Combat masters have a reasonable chance of succeeding without cheating. My summoning masters will almost never attempt a summon unless I know I can cheat to succeed. I dont' think the situation where your combat master only has 2 high cards left is that likely to happen in a game unless you have been forcing them to discard, or they don't know what you are doing,  and if its the former, it would probably work as well on Summoning masters. The later is something I don't expect because I plan as if my opponent knows how to play the game. 

I agree on facing masters like Sonnia that normally want to discard cards anyway.